facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Q about Key styles

• pabdt
  • pabdt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Q about Key styles was created by pabdt

ordered a key from ebay for a switch I have imprinted 2632. Key on left works, key on right does not.
I guess I could order a blank 912 and make one. Was the key on right for earlier model bikes only?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

74 DT 360 ... resto in progress.
26 Oct 2019 21:47 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MarkT on topic Q about Key styles

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=202587589262&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by yamahahaha on topic Q about Key styles

I've used a seller named cyclekeysonline thru ebay my last 3 times with no issues
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pabdt
Last edit: 27 Oct 2019 08:59 by yamahahaha.
27 Oct 2019 08:57 #3

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Q about Key styles

Here in the UK I use either my local dealer (who order it from their suppliers) or a master locksmith. Cost is just under £10.
27 Oct 2019 10:41 #4

Replied by EddieOckenden on topic Q about Key styles

Well, Master locksmith has charged me £13 for it and dealer is also charging the same.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 06:27 by EddieOckenden.
04 Apr 2020 06:27 #5

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Q about Key styles

Welcome!

Other folks go online/ebay for their replacement keys.

I've occasionally seen blank originals on ebay. I guess it would be nice to get one or two of these and have your master locksmith cut them for you.

My local dealer is closed for retail sales, although the workshop and MoT side is open.
04 Apr 2020 07:02 #6

Replied by DEET on topic Q about Key styles

In the above post, there is a link to a locksmith. It was reported to the mods as a possible spammer or hacker.
In actuality, it is the forum's built in automatic ad inserter.

So it's not an external spammer, it is the internal spammer.

It is only there to generate revenue. You would be wise NOT to take the bait. Don't click on it.
These are random and no one on the forum knows who they are or will vouch for them (at least, I won't).

I personally dislike this because it annoying and it might give the impression the advertiser is endorsed by the site.

Click at your own risk and if you get ripped off, tell the admin.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, JayB
04 Apr 2020 09:18 #7

Replied by MarkT on topic Q about Key styles

Thanks for the explanation DEET! The "internal spammer" explanation is appreciated. :likey
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: DEET
04 Apr 2020 09:55 #8

Replied by Makotosun on topic Q about Key styles

There is no internal spamming going on. The site uses a service that does insert some links to advertisers who use their services. These are known retail businesses and include a fair amount of links to eBay. Part of the reason the site remains free is the generous donations of many individuals on the site. However, in order to keep the site free, we have minimal google ads (one banner on the bottom of pages) and income generated via the links referenced.

The decision was made to use the links over having a lot of banner ads which many sites use. Your admin personally hates having an advertising heavy site, though it would be in the site's best interest to do so. So to keep things as uncluttered as possible, and to keep the site humming along, we have links. They are not spam.

The site does have hosting costs, software costs, domain registration, and a few others. We have considered making some parts of the site as paid membership only - pretty minimal cost with prior supporters grandfathered in at some level - but have not gone there as of yet.

Thanks for listening.

Mako
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Gr8uncleal
04 Apr 2020 10:24 #9

Replied by DEET on topic Q about Key styles

Well, this got me to thinking.... what is 'spamming'?

Here is the Wiki definition...

"Spamming is the use of messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same website.
While the most widely recognized form of spam is email spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social spam, spam mobile apps,[1] television advertising and file sharing spam.
It is named after Spam, a luncheon meat, by way of a Monty Python sketch about a restaurant that has Spam in every dish and where patrons annoyingly chant "Spam" over and over again.[2]

Spamming remains economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, servers, infrastructures, IP ranges, and domain names, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings.

The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the volume. Spamming has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.[3]"

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 12:25 by DEET.
04 Apr 2020 12:24 #10

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart