facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

'75 DT 100 Flasher relay location?

• Wandwuff
  • Wandwuff's Avatar Topic Author

'75 DT 100 Flasher relay location? was created by Wandwuff

So i got new flashers for my DT 100 and a set of brand new bulbs and a new battery with it, and my flashers don't flash. I cant find the flasher plug or a flasher anywhere and i have no idea where it'd be. This wiring diagram is pointing towards the cylinder and I'm sure it isn't there haha. I'm gonna include the wiring diagram and pics of my bike cause i just painted the fenders and exhaust and I'm proud of it. (sorry about shitty quality i got some grease or something on my phone lens and yes the tail signals are definitely mounted wrong)
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 00:18 by Wandwuff.
30 Sep 2019 00:18 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic '75 DT 100 Flasher relay location?

Remove the fuel tank and look for where three wires come out of the main loom/harness together - brown, brown/white and black. My guess would be just forward of or behind the ignition coil. Wherever it fits, there is quite possibly a wide, narrow 'peg' of some sort that the rubber holder of the flasher unit slides over.

I am attaching a copy of the wiring parts diagram from the parts manual which might help explain what I'm rabbiting on about!

Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 00:55 by Gr8uncleal. Reason: text
30 Sep 2019 00:53 #2

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Wandwuff

Replied by Wandwuff on topic '75 DT 100 Flasher relay location?

I got it out! is there an easy way to test if it's bad or if there is a wiring issue?
30 Sep 2019 04:22 #3

Great news!

Re testing it, I think that there is a way, but I don't know what it is! I would be interested to know, as I have a non functioning one off my 1974 DT360A (probably very similar to yours) on my workbench that I wouldn't mind having a play with.

Aftermarket ones are very cheap and so I replaced mine with one of those. The diameter of my replacement was a little smaller than the original, so I packed out the gap in the rubber mount with slices of old bicycle inner tube!
30 Sep 2019 05:22 #4

• Wandwuff

Replied by Wandwuff on topic '75 DT 100 Flasher relay location?

i tested it by hooking up a spare bulb and the battery and electrocuted myself haha. but it just lit my bulb solid so i think i need a new one!
30 Sep 2019 06:55 #5

Might not be broken then.

Does anything at all happen when you use the indicator switch? It could be a bad earth somewhere, or maybe even a wire come loose in the switch itself - this often happens and is usually just a case of soldering it back on. If you haven't done so already, separate the two halves of the switch and have a peek inside.

I believe that the left hand switch gear picks up its earth from the handlebars.

The wattage of the indicator bulbs should match that written on the side of the flasher unit - eg 6v 21w x2 (for the indicators) + 3.4w (for the indicator light in the tacho).
30 Sep 2019 07:58 #6

Replied by Swoop56 on topic '75 DT 100 Flasher relay location?

With only one bulb in the circuit , it won't flash . It needs two bulbs
connected for that to happen . The Flasher Relay is load sensitive .
From the sounds of it , your relay may not be the issue .
Check all indicators are grounded properly .
30 Sep 2019 12:41 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart