facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74 DT 250 revving issue

• Jagarrett369
  • Jagarrett369's Avatar Topic Author

74 DT 250 revving issue was created by Jagarrett369

Bike starts on first kick every time. The autolube pump isn’t adjusted correctly yet. I know it puts out a tad more oil at idle than spec calls for. However, the bike doesn’t want to rev past 4 grand and starts to cut out/ sputter. Any thoughts? Did not do this prior to cable changes and putting the rebuilt pump on.

Thanks
03 Sep 2019 17:59 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Nitto05 on topic 74 DT 250 revving issue

Carb adjustment and thats pretty much it lub is just lub
With a strong will you can achieve anything
03 Sep 2019 19:10 #2

Replied by 69Lemans on topic 74 DT 250 revving issue

Based on all your posts still sounds like you have a timing issue... points, condenser or coil doubt it’s carb related mine would backfire/ missfire on start up ran like a dog would not rev for shit... and my flywheel key seared off of the crank and the flywheel moved a little causing a timing issu. not say that’s what is wrong with yours but same symptoms so I’d lean towards your ignition system... good luck!
03 Sep 2019 19:53 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart