facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

A question of power

Replied by MarkT on topic A question of power

I finally found a magazine that I believe has a "real" road test for the RT3...  not just fluffy advertising but measured acceleration and dyno test.  Bought on ebay and should be here next week.  Should be interesting on how it compares performance-wise to the later 400's that were  test by the same magazine.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
08 Sep 2022 22:45 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EM ONE
  • EM ONE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by EM ONE on topic A question of power

Yes No7 the setter jet o ring ,this has been replaced with one from a mukini supplier
09 Sep 2022 12:18 #12

• EM ONE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

I have just tried the bike without the baffle attached ,a vauge increase in power is all i got,and a lot of noise,too much.i cannot upload pictures to show the baffle and pipe ,but the pipe looks clean inside from what i can see.I think the power deficit is big and theres something fundamentally wrong, i might be wrong.Ultimately it has to keep up with a 400 himilayan Royal Enfield,3 of them.no mention of MPG. 
Last edit: 09 Sep 2022 12:33 by EM ONE. Reason: Pictures not showing
09 Sep 2022 12:24 #13

• EM ONE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Theres no air filter lid,and the filter itself is from Yambits and looks to mimic the original well.
09 Sep 2022 12:37 #14

Replied by RT325 on topic A question of power

With the aftermarket or homemade baffle out shine a light down there & see if the swirly jet engine arrestor is still there & see if any sign of lumps of carbon stuck in it. But not really clear to see as that bit is angled to diffuse sparks coming through. My first MX--scramble bike in about "62 was a "54 RE350 Bullet haha, but actually went quite well, until it melted the whitemetal big end to the crank pin. Used to get into violent tank slappers & dump me regularly.
09 Sep 2022 14:03 #15

Somebody--not you sir--fitted piston back to front. Don't laugh i've seen it happen. Ran but was all hollow. Just lost a whole story trying to load a pic bugger it. Guts was, at work in "62 a bantam came in barely running, only just. Turned out the owner had made a base gasket & failed to cut out for the transfers. Lesson learnt. & another Rally Wisp barely running & wouldn't pull itself along. Boss let the older apprentice spend a day including motor total dismantle then strolled over with a hacksaw & cut the header pipe & walked away. Was 99% blocked. Red faced apprentice haha. But things ya never forget.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2022 14:27 by RT325.
09 Sep 2022 14:10 #16

are pics not accepted at the mo, or just my lack of ability.
Sorry ignore me. Notice is in light yellow on 'my' screen & didn't read it--my bad as the kids say.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2022 14:31 by RT325.
09 Sep 2022 14:29 #17

Replied by Tom P on topic A question of power

Pics are not uploading today, or yesterday. Not just you :o)

They were previously.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
09 Sep 2022 15:32 #18

• EM ONE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Tried the piston back to front trick,but alls well although its the original piston..Not checked the base gasket,but im confident the transfers have not been covered..One thing is though,ive looked down the pipe again,this time with a torch,and dragged some more baffle out{cannnot upload pictures sorry}i intniially i thought it was the inner skin of the pipe,anyway its out.Then on looking down the pipe again with the torch ,ive noticed its blocked off  with what looks like more baffle that looks original and part of the pipe,is this so

10 Sep 2022 11:34 #19

• EM ONE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

What I really need is a picture of a standard 360 rt pipe without the baffle in,as this forum is not uploading pictures , email be me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
10 Sep 2022 12:52 #20

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart