facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1972 Yamaha 125 Wont Start, Popping Exhaust

Probably a good idea providing the pilot & rest of the carb is clean. There's an Oring on the jet setter where it seals into the bowl to suck from the side main jet. If that isn't sealing you'll be back talking about rich running next time. All good & hope it works out.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: DerveyZ
05 Dec 2021 15:35 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DerveyZ
  • DerveyZ's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by DerveyZ on topic 1972 Yamaha 125 Wont Start, Popping Exhaust

Another update, got the bike to idle with the stock mikuni carb, im pretty thrilled about that, However I went to put the bike into 1st gear and it stalled and now the clutch is stuck in 1st.. Hoping I can get it free without opening the bike up, any suggestions?
07 Dec 2021 17:57 #22

Replied by adguy2112 on topic 1972 Yamaha 125 Wont Start, Popping Exhaust

Seems you should be able to get it back in neutral Unless there is something else going on. Could be the shift selector arm located behind the clutch boss Out of adjustment or maybe the neutral locating ball. Did you try to pull it out of gear with your hand rather than your foot? This won’t solve the problem but might give you a place to See if you can repeat the issue. I’ll let the experts here correct my limited knowledge on the subject 
07 Dec 2021 18:09 #23

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 1972 Yamaha 125 Wont Start, Popping Exhaust

Have you tried rocking the bike back and forth whilst trying to get it back into neutral?
08 Dec 2021 00:02 #24

Paddle along & hook first then head off around the block along with on & off the throttle. Second gear is good--on & off sharply so it whacks as hard as you can. It'll come right. Have 3 bikes in that state after 20 years sitting. Two came free but other is still stuck but holding out hope as hate opening the case unless all else fails. I could just get at the clutch plates in the filler hole but thought better of it as i'd just break an ear off or worse.
08 Dec 2021 00:22 #25

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart