facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Am I missing something??

• dwil4
  • dwil4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Am I missing something?? was created by dwil4

CT2.  Cant get it to crank but I can blow through every carb passage and spray car cleaner through every passage. . I can put gas in plug hole and it fires right up. I know everyone is gonna say clean carb again but this is a strange scenario. I dont have the fuel tank on it so I fill the carb by putting gas in with a syringe and I stop when I think the bowl should be full. Well the only way I've gotten it to crank was if I fill it till I see gas run out the top of the bowl (the gasket is bad) and then it runs for just a few seconds and stops. Is there something I could be missing? Has a new filter and carb boot so that area should be good as far as air leaks. Mixture acrew is at 1 1/2 out.  I bought this old bike for $100 off of an elderly widow and it was setting in the elements so it's pretty rough. I have not done a compression test or anything like that. Perhaps it is still a carb issue??? Ashmed to say I'm kinda stumped. It had obviously been sitting for quite some time so the crank seals could be shrunken and hard therefore letting air in? Not sure if that would be the culprit though.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2021 13:42 by dwil4.
27 Mar 2021 06:50 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart