facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Digging into the DT3..The Clutch

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Digging into the DT3..The Clutch was created by mx360guy

Hi all,
Finally getting around to working on the DT3. I got spark now so onward. I put a new clutch cable on. As with everything on this bike it was petrified. Hooked it up and no action with the clutch..Ok it's stuck too so off comes the cover. All looks pretty clean but it looks like it is missing some plates..Thats kinda odd but it is what it is. Took the the plates off and noticed that the Pushrod #1 (that's what the manual calls it) was not moving out when I pulled in the lever. The long push rod (#2) was not making contact with #1 and yes the ball was there. Long story short, I destroyed the actuator trying to get the lock bolt and adjustment screw lose, petrified. This would be a good place to insert the "ugg ") I figured the screw was not turned in far enough and proceeded to bend the poor thing out of shape by whacking it with an impact driver...that was not a good idea..Those things are hard to find and new ones if you find them are really expensive. So I am looking for old covers from salvage yards that still have the actuator assembly intact. The push rod issue is kinda baffling. Maybe the #2 is not long enough; not the right one for that bike, anything is possible. I have a Wisco piston coming, I have a new carb ready to intstall, nice fork tubes to replace the rusty ones.

Question; are the rubber cushion rings needed? There is only one and Barnett replacement plates don't seem to have them. I see different models in the manual don't have them either.

Last edit: 19 Feb 2021 19:14 by mx360guy. Reason: text was copied 2x's
19 Feb 2021 19:12 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart