facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT2 LH Handle switch

• Bartman512
  • Bartman512's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

DT2 LH Handle switch was created by Bartman512

My frankenbike is missing the LH switch for horn/lights and the one I bought on ebay fell apart. So as i try an restore this 72 DT2 back to road worthy was wondering if anyone has used an aftermarket switch like the one from 2Fastmoto?
06 Jan 2021 07:38 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic DT2 LH Handle switch

You could maybe address the problem from a different angle.

Many, many Yamahas of that era used the same basic housing, which is stamped on the underside YHA205, albeit with different wire and switch combinations. Search fleabay, craigslist etc for all Yamaha left switches, using a wide array of search words and also the number 83972 (the section of all Yamaha part numbers for left switchgear, or I think Switch 4, as it's referred to). You might be able to find enough good parts from a couple of broken switches to make a good one pretty cheap.

Vintage Connections sell the correct connectors and DEET here on the forum sells some lovely replacement silver/grey wire sheathing (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

There should be plenty of pictures on the internet of what the correct switchgear looks like, but come back if you have any queries.

Of course, after all my rabbiting, someone will probably pop up and say that they have one!
06 Jan 2021 08:13 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart