facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1973 Oil pump banjo line

• Msjahg
  • Msjahg's Avatar Topic Author

1973 Oil pump banjo line was created by Msjahg

I just got a 1973 Rt360 running for the first time in 30 years, and everything been going pretty smoothly except for the oil pump, which I have a few questions about.

1. The plastic spinner at the bottom of the pump used to manually move oil was working, and then suddenly stopped working. The pump still seems to work fine when the bike is running so I'm assuming that its just stripped out from age, and there isn't a problem internally with the pump, anyone else have this happen?

2. Are the banjo line and its screws designed so that oil will still be able to make it through even if the screw's side port doesn't line up with the oil line and instead faces somewhere in the surrounding metal ring? Or does the screws side port need to be aligned with the line?

Thanks
19 Sep 2020 23:15 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DEET on topic 1973 Oil pump banjo line

I can tell you that if the white wheel is still attached to the shaft with a cotter pin and the wheel isn't moving, then you are NOT pumping oil.
If you took the pump apart before this happened, then you reassembled it incorrectly.

Also, the banjo holes do not have to align with the hose.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
20 Sep 2020 11:08 #2

• Msjahg
  • Msjahg's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Msjahg on topic 1973 Oil pump banjo line

Just checked, the cotter pin had partially slipped out so it was only engaging every now and then. Thanks
20 Sep 2020 15:08 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart