facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

The Mighty CT1C is alive ready to Go....Finally

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi all,
Just wanted to share my joy of getting my CT1C to run "like a newborn colt on a dewy morning" - The late Chick Hearn.

Replaced the crank seals, rebuilt the carb, gaskets, wheel bearings, some spokes, tires, electrical...she is good to go.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

imgur.com/user/Shhhh62/posts

The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
04 Feb 2024 17:28 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MX360guy didn’t show a picture try again
04 Feb 2024 23:32 #2

• mx360guy
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, pahiker
07 Feb 2024 03:34 #3

Nice! Is that a supertrapp spark arrestor? 
1973 Yamaha RT3
2024 Suzuki DR650
2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 GT Pro
07 Feb 2024 03:45 #4

Nice!  I really like what you've done, reminds me of how many people "personalized" their bikes when they were new.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
07 Feb 2024 06:32 #5

I’m wondering the same thing. It’s a modified Bassani pipe. Interesting …

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
07 Feb 2024 09:08 #6

• mx360guy
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks for the replies! The Supertrapp type spark arrestor is actually for a Baja Bug exhaust. Ya need to have a spark arrestor in California. It keeps the sound down a bit too. I had so many problems getting it to run right. I replaced just about everything in the carb. The problem ended up being the needle not being the right size. It was too narrow. I had a another carb that was in pretty rough shape but the needle that was in it was the right size for the VM24SH. 4F10. That did the trick. I hope.

I took it up and down the street a couple of times. It wound out really well in all the gears without bogging like before. The clutch felt good too. The neighbors frown on this so I have to be careful..
I am taking it out to Stoddard Valley, Barstow CA this Friday to really test her out. The headlight is from a '75 TY250 and the taillight is from an old Honda enduro. I broke down and installed a Vape ignition. I am waiting for a 12v LED bulb for the headlight. I replaced the taillight bulb assembly with a LED. I don't have any switches for high or low or off yet. They just come on when its running. I kinda like it that way. I like the tool bag alot. I can carry some wrenches and things on the bike and not on me. No zippers or velcro. Everything says put when its whooping and whompen. Love the big IRS tires. The engine and frame numbers match. Still has the ID sticker on the frame but it's pretty faded. The seat is original. I did a bad fix on the wound. Looks nasty but its fixed. The original orange tank is pretty rusty but not dented. It would take some work to make it usable. I found a white AT1 tank that cleaned up well inside so I went with the white and gray look.Luckily the bike sat in a garage since 1976 and not outside so it did not get eroded by the elements. Just alot of surface rust. The lights and speedo were gone. It was stripped of all of that. The motor was not stuck, the numbers matched, it had spark, and the seat was in good shape. $550. The cylinder needed a good bore. Its on the 3rd over I think. I have a nice backup jug.

I will be be on the east side of the Outlet center 5 miles north of Hodge Road behind a big new Hilton hotel. There is big flat open area. It's great for testing. And lots of trails leading off from there for miles. There are tons of restaurants to eat lunch at too. Stop by and pick up a Coach purse for the wife before you head home..Really convenient. Come on out.The weather should be good by then and hardly any dust after all the rain. I will post some more pics.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Sneezles61, pahiker
07 Feb 2024 19:48 #7

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic The Mighty CT1C is alive ready to Go....Finally

Love to see a vid with it on one wheel going “bbrraapp”!
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Schu, Ht1kid, pahiker
08 Feb 2024 04:45 #8

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart