facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1 Desert bike.

• shyted
  • shyted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by shyted on topic CT1 Desert bike.

So, i got a bit imaginative with the back light and came up with this.

I got a scrappy looking bracket from a Yamaha FS1E ( SS 50 ) and hacked a few lumps of metal off then stitched my own on.
The FS1E has a through tube for the indicators so when i chopped that off and ground it back there were large holes in. 
I made some 100% cylindrical volume space filler up and hey presto!
No more holes. 
Had to do some inventing with the so called correct fitting LED head light bulb. 
" Someone pass the tin snips please" . It's in but still no parts for the switch or headlamp spacers.
I hope you agree that Ole Donkey is looking quite handsome now. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, RT325, AirborneSilva, Ht1kid, Pete-RT1, Sneezles61, Tom P
31 Aug 2022 23:03 #31

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shyted
  • shyted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by shyted on topic CT1 Desert bike.

I'm just waiting for the rear bulb and that will be the lights sorted. Switch and packers arrived yesterday and now the front light and switch are on and working.
It starts pretty much first kick even after being stood. It rides but the exhaust is loud as hell. Dibble will certainly have me over by the side of the road there if they hear it. Ha, there's no question they won't hear it.
I still don't have an air box. 
02 Sep 2022 15:10 #32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart