facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

YG5T Multiple partial (light) seizures - out of ideas on why.. any suggestions?

Ok sometimes i'm the fool for sure so ya not alone. But i've gotta ask, how does a plug have an airleak?. In saying that, i did have one [still have] that the inside escaped [however they're made] & the porcelain moves up & down about 5mm or more. [anyone ever seen that--think it's a longreach champion--must find it & get pics]
05 May 2023 01:51 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amsbstn
  • amsbstn's Avatar Topic Author
The air leak was at the plug washer.  There was no mechanical issue with the plug, just air leaking past the crushed out washer and down the threads.  There's a clear sign of leakage on the metal part of the plug where I believe some of the combustion gas was blowing by.

The only other adjustment I made besides a newly installed plug was increased the oil pump cable adjustment a bit more to remove any slack from the cable at the idle (loosest) position.  This puts the pump setting beyond what is spec'd, meaning that when the mark on the slide is in its set position at the top of the carb bore, the pulley is rotated beyond the mark. 

I am going to reset the oil pump to its proper spec today and re-test.  If it still runs well, there really is no other factor I changed other than putting in a fresh plug and getting a good crush-washer seal.
05 May 2023 03:52 #12

Thanks for the update & hope it goes well.
05 May 2023 04:14 #13

• amsbstn
  • amsbstn's Avatar Topic Author
Well.. 25 miles with no issues today. I just put another piston and ring set in it. Hopefully the seizure issues are behind me. This was a rescue anyway.. not a looker, but kept it out of the scrap heap.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, SKYDANCER46, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
Last edit: 06 May 2023 17:27 by amsbstn. Reason: typo
06 May 2023 17:26 #14

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart