facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: clutch actuator)

• DEET
11 Dec 2019 15:48
I may even have a stick of Delrin....
  • DEET
11 Dec 2019 14:25
I probably have a few.
Send me your address.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • KennyV
11 Dec 2019 12:12 - 11 Dec 2019 12:14
The nylon part of my RT2 clutch actuator is cracked and it's only a matter of time before I'm going to need to fix it. I posted this idea on Mausers thread, yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/1972...w-split-rt2?start=30 . I've been thinking about a fix to replace the threaded nylon piece. Chasing a triple lead thread on my lathe doesn't look like a problem. I'm not sure how or if a new nylon piece can be attached and locked to the metal part of the actuator. This is where I need help. If anyone has a broken actuator assembly, broken as the nylon is separated from the metal, and doesn't mind sending to me I'd much appreciate it! In return, if I can come up with a fix, I'll send it back fixed.
  • YAMABOBINTEXAS
19 Nov 2019 12:55
Replied by YAMABOBINTEXAS on topic NOS And Used Enduro Parts for sale
I have several used sprocket covers minus the clutch actuator. If you want I can PM you pictures of them.

YAMABOB
  • MarkT
07 Oct 2019 06:48
Replied by MarkT on topic CT1 with strange VIN
That looks like the 1973 USA CT3 model. Might be exactly the same.

One key difference between the 1973 and the 74 or 75 model 175 is the lower rear engine mount.

On a 1973, the mount hangs low... like this:

When Yamaha redesigned the 175 starting with the 1974 model year the rear engine mount was made a lot shorter like this:

Another difference is in 1973 the clutch cable went down to an actuator hidden inside the left side cover. In 1974, the clutch actuator lever was moved outside to the top of the engine.

You definitely have the earlier "CT3" style model as sold in the US. It could have been sold as a different year model in France... Since the parts lists are pretty much "USA" models... you'll want to pretend it's a 1973 CT3 even if Yamaha France says it's a different year.

Also, there's a good chance it originally came with a longer seat than the US models were supplied with. It seems the US got a shorter seat while the rest of the world got the longer "Japanese model" seat as required in Japan... it was longer for two people and had a "grab strap" for the passenger.
  • Pillsbury
28 Mar 2019 07:19
Replied by Pillsbury on topic Rt1 clutch actuator fix.
It needs some minor machining, you could do it with a large drill. The center hole needs to be bored & then relocate the mounting holes.
  • RT325
28 Mar 2019 00:48
Replied by RT325 on topic Rt1 clutch actuator fix.
Hell its a while since i put those those pics up lol. Mine was a bit of a cock up but worked good. Bikes long gone--to happy Vintage MX racing 'land' & still running i did hear [amazingly]. Others will chime in but the best plan is to run it from the inside not outside as i did retained by the little cover. Will be machining of sorts as the old worm will need removing. I haven't done it that way [correct way] so can't really offer much help sorry. By memory i probably thought that sitting it inside would run into the sprocket but maybe i was thinking of fitting it wrong way around by mistake. I dunno, too long ago. It'll work better too due to its 4 start worm instead of 3 start. Cheers.
  • RT360Fan
27 Mar 2019 20:14
Replied by RT360Fan on topic Rt1 clutch actuator fix.

Love the Franken-Bike! :likey
  • Kobuk
27 Mar 2019 20:06
Replied by Kobuk on topic Rt1 clutch actuator fix.
I’m a bit confused. (As always)
Working on a 68 DT1 clutch actuator issue.
Can the R5 or RD350 actuator be mounted without any machining necessary?
I don’t mind if it doesn’t look totally stock. I’m going to ride the hell out of it.
  • Hammer
29 Dec 2018 23:50 - 29 Dec 2018 23:53
Replied by Hammer on topic Your bike of choice for trail riding
All,
My 'daily rider' RT-3, with .005 milled off head, Boyesen Reeds, Sleeper Pipe, Barnett racing clutch and springs (needed with the Sleeper Pipe), DEET clutch actuator mod, Red Wing 'hammerhead' shocks, forks with S&W springs and good old BelRay fork oil. Rides well with 7.5" up front and 5" in back, lugs down and you CAN'T stall it. Plus, it'll do a constant 70 mph on the freeway (as my jaunts from Santee to the Border at San Ysidro for work can attest. Alas, it gets crappy fuel mileage of about 23 mpg, but you can't measure the GRINS per mile!
Hammer
Displaying 241 - 250 out of 275 results.