facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

rubber products

• jet100
  • jet100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

rubber products was created by jet100

I happened across a supplier in the UK named Sumo Rubber. They have quite a selection of repro parts and wiring harnesses for Yamahas, including DTs. Just thought I would put it out there for anyone interested.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr, YellowAT1B, Von
17 Mar 2019 17:05 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by YellowAT1B on topic rubber products

Thank you for Sharing! Good to know...
17 Mar 2019 17:38 #2

Replied by asco on topic rubber products

Great to know..

In the USA we support KDI Reproduction’s (yamaha rubber) and DEET for yamaha wiring harnesses. They pretty much have everything a quality restoration would want or need. Their work is top notch.

asco-physics -
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
17 Mar 2019 21:58 #3

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic rubber products

Very odd, given that the 'B' word hasn't happened yet AND they are actually a UK company.

Maybe their supplier has a sole UK distribution rights agreement with another company?

As I said, very odd.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 04:26 by Gr8uncleal. Reason: Additional text.
18 Mar 2019 04:24 #4

Replied by Scootern29 on topic rubber products

Normally pobit/Dave puts his business card in the package with his phone number. I have it.
Question authority, think for yourself!
18 Mar 2019 07:25 #5

Replied by Jackie O on topic rubber products

Hi Guys, I work for Sumorubber.com, we now have over 400 rubber and other parts for classic Yamaha enduro bikes!

Just to explain Sumo Rubber position and questions above.... Our main supplier gave exclusive contract to another retailer in the United Kingdom and we have to respect it. Therefore we concentrate on other markets, our prices are set in Euro and we have mentioned this fact in several places including FAQ - sumorubber.com/frequently-asked-questions.html & Terms and conditions.

I know it is very unusual in today's cosmopolitan world, but we had a choice to trade with this limitation or loose access to all those rare parts that you might need. Believe me, it has nothing to do with Brexit.

If you have any questions, please let me know or contact us here: sumorubber.com/contact
06 Jun 2020 06:55 #6

Not THE Jackie O.........?!:ROFLOL :ROFLOL :ROFLOL

I'm guessing your UK retailer is Yambits?
06 Jun 2020 07:33 #7

Yes, Jackie O, we don't hide behind nicknames, it's part of our business culture...

We don't have UK retailer, we are just not allowed to sell majority of our rubber products to customers in UK.
07 Jun 2020 00:58 #8

Quick update guys...
We are no longer tied by the trading restrictions and can sell to anyone and everyone, including customers in UK. We have 10 different suppliers now and signing up new ones every month. We have a direct importer from Japan and now our own factories! We are excited about the future, bringing you more exclusive parts and working with you to fix more and more of these classic gems :)
Jackie

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Steve F, SKYDANCER46, JimA
02 Sep 2021 12:43 #9

Morning Jackie.

Not sure if it was posted here or on the aircooledrd forum, but someone was asking about the rubber grommets that sit inside the indicators. There are two types, a hollow one to accommodate a wire, and a solid blanking one. Are these on your radar?
03 Sep 2021 02:47 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart