facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

75 DT-250B carb to head intake manifold vs. 75 RD-250 manifold

• dailyrider
  • dailyrider's Avatar Topic Author
Probably true on availability, a lot of stuff is unobtainable right now,
I am considering getting one off of that auction site, there are decent
ones from time to time. However, almost always listed as "has cracks",
if not all the way through (like mine is) I may try to get as decent one
as possible, and perhaps coat it with an epoxy to get the most miles
i can out of it...
Has to be a common problem for a lot of us ?
Last edit: 01 May 2021 19:38 by dailyrider. Reason: had to change an 's' is used instead of an 'a'
01 May 2021 19:17 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mmmh, there are reproductions available with better rubber and you want to purchase another 45 years old intake with less cracks and hope to repair it with epoxy?
All those intakes most likely lost their flexibility. Between barrel and carb, there are vibrations and heat. The repair would be 2nd best option after a reproduction. 
08 May 2021 07:48 #12

• dailyrider
  • dailyrider's Avatar Topic Author
 No, I didn't want to purchase a used one, but I'm not restoring it, I'm riding it. Budget is a concern with the number of toys to keep on the road, whether 4 wheels or 2. I've purchased a very nice used one off the bay. Doesn't appear to need epoxy...mating surface to head looks good.I'm guessing it will still be more than usable long after I'm gone !I've also got a rebuild kit for the carb, which I intend to do at the same time, of course, that I replace the manifold. There is an occasional overflow issue, so that will get remedied. Then all will be good to go ! It's incredible some of the pricing for parts, as is the case for the manifold, be it used, or reproduction, let alone bikes....I rode mine to work a few days ago and had 2 people ask me if wanted to sell it...I knew the one guy, and I know he could well afford it if I named my price, but, I said, "not today" !It's still way too much fun to ride to put a price on it ..Thanks for the input.
daily 
Last edit: 09 May 2021 15:12 by dailyrider.
09 May 2021 15:08 #13

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart