facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Tach gear advice needed

• Trapper1
  • Trapper1's Avatar Topic Author

Tach gear advice needed was created by Trapper1

Before I destroy this, I thought maybe I should ask for guidance. I’m leaking oil out of the tach gear housing. It’s coming out the inside of the gear housing. I’m trying to get at the o-ring that is in there. But the bushing, red arrow pointing at, will not budge. It appears that it should just come out. Or am I missing something?
13 Jan 2020 15:25 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Tach gear advice needed

Can you afford to destroy the Oring to hook a homemade right angle tool under the end of it. Looks like it has a thin flat washer between sleeve & Oring so you'll have to get under that & probably make a mess of that too. Alternatively can you get a sharpened screwdriver [or something] to try & collapse the sleeve. Or--[maybe better idea] 'Start a turn of thread' with a threading tap that will bite on it if you have one that size. Turn or two of thread & then pull it out. Bit of damage to 'that' sleeve wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Other thing [not really closely related]. Make sure the gearbox breather is clear & that someone hasn't way overfilled the trans oil.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2020 16:17 by RT325.
13 Jan 2020 16:12 #2

• Trapper1
  • Trapper1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Trapper1 on topic Tach gear advice needed

I can afford to destroy the o-ring! I’m just not sure about destroying the sleeve. The dang thing won’t budge. I haven’t really looked for a new one. And thanks for the advice about the breather and oil level. The oil is good, but I didn’t think about the breather! You may be on to something.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2020 16:48 by Trapper1.
13 Jan 2020 16:47 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart