facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

New from the wilds of North Texas

New from the wilds of North Texas was created by Zonie

I was given a 76 DT250 and figured that I should link up with people who know more about these bikes than I do.
I'm more of a vintage bike fan than a dirt bike fan. First time for everything. 
I currently working on 3 bikes if you include the DT250.
A 1946 ML125 James, a 1956 Norton Dominator 88. It's a sickness or so I keep telling my wife. 

Cheers
John
24 Oct 2023 14:58 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Ht1kid on topic New from the wilds of North Texas

That’s what I told my wife when we met anything with a engine plus mantiques. I remember the first time I brought her to my house she said that’s the first time she ever saw a 1920 visible gas pump inside a house 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
24 Oct 2023 15:56 #2

Replied by Judohead on topic Re:New from the wilds of North Texas

The first time my wife came to my house I had a 85 CR250 torn completely apart in my kitchen. I introduced her to my sickness fairly quik.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
24 Oct 2023 16:24 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic New from the wilds of North Texas

Welcome from NZ. Googling the '46 James it looks much like my 125 excelsior I had in about 1958 haha. Same motor & all except different tank & my hand change came straight off the box & sat up so y'all could knee change it easily but practice made perfect otherwise you could go from first to top as no positive stop just a detent bump to let ya know ya in next gear. Twin high exhausts all the way to the back. Fun times & i want them back lol. Googling mine it shows it as 1936.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
Last edit: 24 Oct 2023 19:24 by RT325.
24 Oct 2023 19:19 #4

Replied by Zonie on topic New from the wilds of North Texas

While working on the 46 James I discovered Tweeds Garage on you tube. He was working on an Excelsior with a 9D Villiers engine which is what I needed information on. My 46 was pretty much left-over WW2 paratroopers' bikes. As soon as the war was over the British government. canceled all contracts for the bikes. I have a friend with a RE Flying Flea which was also a paratrooper's bike.  
Small world.
John in Texas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
25 Oct 2023 06:00 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart