facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CDI and stator information

• Rexs Speedshop
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator

Replied by Rexs Speedshop on topic CDI and stator information

For standard machines we have a bolt on system that does not need your to mess about timing them.

While this is great for road machines, riders of competition machines wanted some adjustment. So we offer our bolt on ignition kits that have had the benefit of many years and thousands of road miles development, and now some kits where the base timing can be altered to suit a ported or heavily tuned engine.

In the past we used long slots to be able to adjust the timing for many different flywheels. Now each flywheel has its own stator plate allowing us much shorter slots, 10 degrees each side of the stock timing making it easy to set up.

No small task, but we've now got simple bolt on kits for the majority of standard road bikes. For tuned motors the set up is a simple as starting with the timing in the centre and adjusting to suit how the tuning mods make the engine run.

We've also made sure that single 6 volt lighting coils fit our billet stator plates, so 'ignition only' kits can have lighting coils fitted to use the standard 6 volt electrics.
Electronic Ignition Design & Manufacture*12 Volt Conversions*Electrical Parts*Generator Rewinds & Overhaul
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, mdscott, KJB
16 Nov 2018 11:42 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Makotosun on topic CDI and stator information

Thanks for the update Marcus! I can’t wait to hear from some folks who have used the new kits. I may need to spring for one and do a write up for the benefit of members.

A staight forward solution is welcomed!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
16 Nov 2018 12:22 #12

Replied by twosmoker on topic CDI and stator information

Hi, looking for a cdi system to replace the stock ignition in a 1973 RT-3 360. Dirt only, no lights. I see Power Dynamo has one but looking to not spend quite so much! Thanks for any tips. Mitch
18 Nov 2018 02:20 #13

Replied by mdscott on topic CDI and stator information

A friend and fellow member(Blazer) purchased a REX 12v ignition for his 78 DT400, Im sure we will get an update.
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
18 Nov 2018 08:09 #14

Replied by shewelt on topic CDI and stator information

I replaced my RT3 360 points magneto with the later DT stator & flywheel. I also have confirmed the earlier MX stator (rotor) bolts on and works fine. Used the same bike for CDI development on both models. We have replacement CDI's available for both models, so this is a cheap route with all the existing OEM parts available on Ebay and older bikes etc. There will be some creativity necessary to get the wiring through the case hole, but all connectors are available so it's manageable and a great improvement over points.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, Blackhat250
27 Nov 2018 09:59 #15

Replied by Delcowizzid on topic CDI and stator information

I will be testing the rexs speed shop dual power race version for monoshock 78 dt250 very shortly just waiting for it to arrive then into it can't wait to try it out
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC, RT325
04 Dec 2018 04:43 #16

It's installed already .arrived this morning just need to get a plug and set timing and I'll be firing it up in about 12 hours time.
It says to use an iridium plug so I'm guessing b8eix is the go for dt250 should be an easy one to get
05 Dec 2018 05:40 #17

Works just as expected sounds crisp reving compared to the points setup can't wait to ride it
05 Dec 2018 21:17 #18

I have a total of 3 hours riding on this now works great considering I have the spark curve to suit the ported barrel a big chamber and I'm only running the stock chamber lol but it's strong over a big range. Only thing I would change on the whole setup is waterproof plug connectors I got mine wet crossing a creek on a beach ride and the pins corroded fast. Spark is strong even when the plugs wet with water don't ask me how I know lol also you can adjust the timing without removing the flywheel which is great here's part of its first real test ride its 4 parts
19 Mar 2020 04:17 #19

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart