facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

AG175 info please

• IanF
  • IanF's Avatar Topic Author

AG175 info please was created by IanF

Hi there everyone

I have an old AG175 from the farm I grew up on and would like to get it running and hope to register it for occasional ride around the local area. The bike hasn’t been started in about 10 years at a guess but was running fine up until then. A few obvious fixes needed to get it rideable - front shocks needs attention, clutch was slipping badly when last ridden and I’m sure a few other things I’ll find when I go over it. In the meantime I wonder if there is anywhere I could find a workshop manual and what could members tell me about this bike? I know these were very popular bikes and were pretty bullet proof. I have attached a pic of the vin number I assume - does this tell me what specific model I have? It has “76” engraved above the stamped VIN number so I assume it is a 76 model. From memory ridding it as a kid it was a 5 speed and all gears were up - neutral at bottom.

Anything else I can share to help work out model I have for spare parts etc and particularly handy would be a workshop manual.

Thanks
Ian
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Tex
25 Dec 2019 19:50 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Swoop56 on topic AG175 info please

You can get a parts manual at www.e-classicbike.com
They don't seem to have a workshop manual covering your bike ,
but ask Steven , as he may have one , but not put it into print yet .
26 Dec 2019 00:58 #2

• IanF
  • IanF's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by IanF on topic AG175 info please

Thank you Swoop56! I’ve ordered the parts manual which should help a lot.
26 Dec 2019 12:43 #3

Replied by Swoop56 on topic AG175 info please

I'll keep a watch out for a workshop manual for you ,
in case one pops up here in New Zealand .
The following user(s) Liked this Post: IanF
26 Dec 2019 22:33 #4

Replied by Tex on topic AG175 info please

Hey Ian,

Mine is a 1977 model, 4/77 to be exact, and it has a compliance plate where yours has the "76" engraving.

Elsewhere on this forum it's been pointed out that the original AG175 was based on the CT3. I was surprised to find though that the AG175 has 2 airboxes. I've never seen this on a bike before. As far as I know the CT3 only has one.

For anyone not familiar with these bikes, what is a toolbox on the CT3 is another airbox on the AG175, connected to the other airbox near the carb. There is a toolbox under the rear rack.

It seems like overkill, I guess Yamaha thought that Australian farms must be extra dusty! On mine, it seems only the 'lower' airbox has been used, and had the filter remains inside. The upper box was empty and judging by how clean it is might never have been opened before.

The carb is relatively clean, so it looks like one filter has been enough.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2020 20:40 by Tex.
09 Jan 2020 20:39 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart