facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

looking for advice on swapping my 76 DT400’s front wheel to a 19 inch wheel

• none_of_my_bikes_run
  • none_of_my_bikes_run's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Any tips on the best route I should take here? I am looking at ebay rims and every time I think I find something that might bolt on, it occurs to me that something wont fit.

I know a lot of the ealier 70s bikes had 19inchers but i would be concerned with brake mount issues.

Also would the axle size matter? Am I gonna need spacers?

or even better- does anyone know what front end swap could be done for something with disc brake and a 19 incher

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!!
23 Oct 2019 12:46 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I think a DT1 or RT1 19 front should fit but i'll check it out over the weeekend as have a set of DT250 forks & tripples from "76 & alsohave a DT1 wheel & brake plate. That's the DT1 from "71 with alloy sliders as the first model had steel sliders & a narrow brake anchor on the plate. Wheel would be the same for early & next model DT1. In my DT1 ar one stage i had a twin leading shoe big brake wheel out of an R5 but might be an 18 wheel. Have a pic somewhere--i'll go look just for another option. Actualy wheels back in it's R5 frame but frame altered for a DT1 motor or DT1MX as it is.
Ok found it. God it's ugly & now you can't unsee it lol. About time i got it going. Used to go like hell--Oh & with a 70mm crank like your 400 instead of 64mm 250 crank.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2019 03:05 by RT325.
24 Oct 2019 02:58 #2

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• none_of_my_bikes_run
  • none_of_my_bikes_run's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=223718399998&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Now that IS a BITSA!!

Honda CB125 tank, or a bit bigger? I bought my sister in law a CB125 with that style of tank about 35 or more years ago.
24 Oct 2019 05:22 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart