facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT400B Ignition Advice

• NickM
  • NickM's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by NickM on topic DT400B Ignition Advice

An update on my ignition problem for anyone with similar issues:

It turns out I'm not as clever as I thought :unsure: : After leaving the bike for a few weeks it had no spark again. I got it running once again by turning it over with a cordless drill as before (plug out) whilst switching the kill switch, (or ignition switch) on and off until it sparked. As all coils measured OK and had a voltage output when checked, I guessed it must be the CDI unit. Changed it with THIS and it all works fine.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Gr8uncleal
13 Nov 2019 11:16 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic DT400B Ignition Advice

Good find Nick, well done matey.

Rex's had sort of appeared on the edges of my radar from time to time, but I had it in the back of my mind that their replacement cdi came with 12v conversion and cost north of £300. That price seems much more reasonable - and no postage and import duties either!!

Regards.

Alan
13 Nov 2019 12:21 #12

• NickM
  • NickM's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by NickM on topic DT400B Ignition Advice

Thanks Alan.

Yes, I couldn't justify the full conversion and this system seemed a decent alternative. However it's a bit fiddly to fit because the lighting coils have to be swapped, but not beyond the abilities of most. The only negative is that it's not possible to adjust the ignition timing. That said, it seems to work very well.
25 Nov 2019 08:29 #13

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart