facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT100 Seats

• Kosmo
  • Kosmo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

DT100 Seats was created by Kosmo

Might be a long shot...but does anyone know of someone selling a 1977+ DT100 seat foam or reproduction seat? Seems like there are tons of pre '77 gen seats for sale, but nothing for this gen. I can restore my seat pan and I've got a good reproduction cover that looks OEM as heck...but my foam is quite rotted, missing chunks, and disintegrating. Wondering if someone makes a reproduction foam or a full seat for these bikes? If not...guess I'll just have to try and sleep well at night knowing I've got some janky foam under my seat cover haha. Unfortunately there OEM foam is messed up in spots that would be quite hard for someone with my expertise to fix up...I can fill in chunks on the top...but places like the lower sides where the foam is very thin and tapered (and now completely missing) I've got no chance of doing. 
30 Aug 2023 23:17 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Tinkicker on topic DT100 Seats

I have come across a couple of 77 on seats, on ebay uk that are located in Thailand.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
31 Aug 2023 02:05 #2

Replied by Ht1kid on topic DT100 Seats

A good upholstery shop can make you one and fit your cover
31 Aug 2023 04:44 #3

Replied by Lizeec on topic DT100 Seats

There is a decent  looking used one on eBay (not mine) for $35.00 looks to be in decent shape minus the cover but you said you have a new cover ready, although the foam may be in as bad shape as yours as it is 46+ years old like your old one?
under this heading.
1977 Yamaha DT100  Original Seat 
Last edit: 31 Aug 2023 07:21 by Lizeec.
31 Aug 2023 05:10 #4

31 Aug 2023 05:16 #5

Replied by Lizeec on topic DT100 Seats

Thanks GR8UNCLEAL I really should pay more attention on how to post the eBay links and 3rd party imaging to become a more productive member on this forum.
I know both you and MarkT have posted “how to’s” many times already.
31 Aug 2023 07:18 #6

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic DT100 Seats

"Thanks GR8UNCLEAL I really should pay more attention on how to post the eBay links and 3rd party imaging to become a more productive member on this forum.
I know both you and MarkT have posted “how to’s” many times already."

Don't do yourself down, Lizeec - your posts are very much appreciated and respected.

I seem to be able to just copy and past a URL (the HTTPS............. bit) at the top of any site. However, I understand that this doesn't work for others.

I still haven't got into using third party image hosting services yet! 
31 Aug 2023 08:06 #7

• Kosmo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Kosmo on topic DT100 Seats

Thank you for the replies everyone, got a bit sick and stopped checking the replies on here. Seems like that listing was ended anyway due to some error on the seller's end. ah well! Still trying to see if I can bring mine back to some kind of useable condition.
16 Sep 2023 23:57 #8

Replied by yam-fan on topic DT100 Seats

Take it to place that reupholsters car seats, and they can easily make a new foam and fit the cover for you. Far easier and probably cheaper, than ebay.
17 Sep 2023 03:29 #9

• Kosmo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Kosmo on topic DT100 Seats

The other issue is also the seatpan being so rusty that the hooks that retain the cover are basically crumbling when I try to bend them. I suppose there is the option of rivets but I need to learn how people to do it without having the rivets show through on the outside of the seat.
19 Sep 2023 06:03 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart