facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
02 Sep 2019
Your admin has not been on the site much as of late as my main computer apparently seized up :( I have had limited access, but will be back soon. Thanks. Mako

TOPIC: Hooker header heat shield wanted.

Hooker header heat shield wanted. 10 Jun 2019 10:27 #51

• asco
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor

Scottddove wrote: Maco is there anyway we could get that example to Giancarlo124 so he couod try to make a heat shield? Or send it to me I have some local guys that thinks they could make it also.

I would think any good tin-knocker could accomplish this in the $250 range. It's a copy, the unemployed construction worker is your best bet.

a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

YAMA-LAND
818-521-2109
MINIBIKESERVICE@AOL.COM 1971 125cc AT1-C (DOROTHEA) 1971 175cc CT1-C (BRANDY) 1970 250cc DT1-C (MONICA) 1973 100cc Hodaka Combat Rat (ABBY NORMAL) 1975 DT400 (BONNIE BELL)

Hooker header heat shield wanted. 12 Jun 2019 01:14 #52

• Makotosun
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
Guys - Sorry for the slow response to this. I do have the shield sitting in my garage. Let me pull it out and see what can be accomplished with it.

I will try to post up some more details here over the next few days as I find some time.

Thanks.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Devin

You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape.

Hooker header heat shield wanted. 27 Jun 2019 08:41 #53

• Devin
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Cell 805-914-8299
No problem Mako, It takes a lot of time maintaining this site, hope you don’t mind me offering to assist, I’m not very well versed in the aftermarket accessories, are the chrome heat shields the same size for all pipes? If so, I have one and can post the dimensions for those that want one.

Last Edit: by Devin.

Hooker header heat shield wanted. 27 Jun 2019 10:42 #54

• Devin
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Cell 805-914-8299
I answered my own question, my heat shield is different. The pipe I have is a 74-76 DT250/360/400.

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart