facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

70 AT1 high voltage starter wire?

• Clegg
  • Clegg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

70 AT1 high voltage starter wire? was created by Clegg

As far as I can see, the positive from the battery goes to the ig switch. When I try to start with the electric starter, it fries the fuse. I believe I am missing something. I have the heavy green to one side of the solenoid and the black to the other side.  If I hook a 12 ga wire from batt+ to the sol it starts fine but the coil and all are energized (unswitched) as long as this is to the batt+. The wiring is butchered and I am trying to figure out how the high voltage is switched and also can power the electric starting.
1971 SL350, 1973 Bultaco Matador, 1978 XS650, 1979 MX175, 1982 XT250, 1982 GS650, 1982 CB450T HAWK, 1979 IT175, 1977 Suzuki TS185
27 Jun 2022 14:13 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic 70 AT1 high voltage starter wire?

Without looking, i think a heavy red should be from batt to solenoid then heavy green to starter terminal in stator. Then must be an small activating wire at the solenoid which either gets 12 to it from the button to close the solnd or the start button earths the solenoid small wire depending on type of solnd. If solnd has two small wires then button probably joins them. Don't read too much into what i say--i need to go look at a diagram.
www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/wiring-...ing-diagram/download
Link above shows colors good if you expand it up. Looks blue/white is earthed by the button. Heavy green & heavy red as i said. & heavy red won't go via a fuse to the solenoid as couldn't handle it. I'm happy to be corrected as flying blind a bit. Man i hate wiring diagrams. I just look for smoke lol.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2022 15:52 by RT325.
27 Jun 2022 15:38 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart