facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

68 DT1 Gold colour - tank and headlight

• yamayeeha
  • yamayeeha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

68 DT1 Gold colour - tank and headlight was created by yamayeeha

If anyone is searching for a sample of 68 DT1 paint colour there is a NOS headlight bowl that could be used to match paint to.

eBay item number:125165818255

I bought one and it matched with my NOS 68 tank - I am not sure if it is the same gold used with the white stripe, maybe the black base makes it different.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, MarkT, Swoop56
11 Jun 2022 21:46 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Swoop56 on topic 68 DT1 Gold colour - tank and headlight

The base colour shouldn't affect things .
The headlight shell won't have a Black or White base .
I have likewise some NOS headlight brackets , and a Shell / Bowl , for my DT1 B .
The colour is much more of an Orange than Gold , but close inspection on the underside of my paintwork on the bike ,
reveals how much they have bleached over the years .
Hundreds of years ago , when I was young , I had a nearly new DS7 , which sported the same colour paint .
On that bike , the colour was definitely a Gold tint .  There may have been some discrepancies with colour variations
leaving the factory . 73 RD 350 and DT3 Competition Green had a range of shades .
11 Jun 2022 23:48 #2

• yamayeeha
  • yamayeeha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by yamayeeha on topic 68 DT1 Gold colour - tank and headlight

Thanks Swoop
I also have a NOS HT1 tank in 'Candy Orange' which from the doc attached is the same as DT1B and DT1S (although it doesn't look orange). It is a different colour than the 68 tank. Not significantly different - but it is different enough and appears the 68 colour has more depth and candy in the clear. The Ht1 tank doesn't have the same depth. The colour on the 68 looks more like the process/steps taken to paint California Orange. 
Wondering if your parts book have the part number for your DT1B headlight bowl as I have the part number on the box.
Colour variations from factory might also play a role.
Photo attached is in daylight - been raining for 3 weeks solid here so was taken a while ago.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2022 03:55 by yamayeeha.
12 Jun 2022 03:22 #3

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Swoop56 on topic 68 DT1 Gold colour - tank and headlight

The p/n for the headlight shell in my DT1 B parts book is 214-84111-61-52 .
52 is the colour code used on HT1 , CT1 C , DT1 B ,DS7 , XS1 B , and possibly others too .
If you're interested , I do have spare NOS headlight brackets for the early DT1 , in that colour .
The following user(s) Liked this Post: yamayeeha
12 Jun 2022 06:08 #4

Replied by RT325 on topic 68 DT1 Gold colour - tank and headlight

My then bosses new december "68 DT1 was that gold colour. Much better looking than my Pearle White new one i bought in "70 as an old stock "69 probably, or was it a "70, still square arm & identical to his.
12 Jun 2022 06:28 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart