facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT1 cylinder i want--question.

• RT325
  • RT325's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

RT1 cylinder i want--question. was created by RT325

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=132778152734&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Swoop56 on topic RT1 cylinder i want--question.

I have bought stuff from those guys in the past . It would have been a while back , so they would have
shipped to me directly in NZ . I can't remember exactly what I bought , but if there had been an issue ,
I'd have remembered to steer clear of them .
Good that the barrell is on std bore .
30 Aug 2021 14:19 #2

• RT325
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic RT1 cylinder i want--question.

Yep, got a quick reply of $128 US shipping which is $183 NZ so i guess how much do i really really want it. Feel guilty for asking him now as shoulda guessed nothing is economical to freight these days--except from china. Seller has Very Good realistic prices on items, good to see.
30 Aug 2021 16:03 #3

Replied by Lizeec on topic RT1 cylinder i want--question.

I don’t understand the shipping, when I look at the link it says does NOT ship to the US, but below that it says it ships from Spokane Washington which is in the US, under seller information it says they are located in the US. Or are there Spokane Washington’s in other parts of the world, or am I just not comprehending it correctly?
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
Last edit: 30 Aug 2021 16:25 by Lizeec.
30 Aug 2021 16:21 #4

• RT325
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

& did wonder why i can find the same item three times under different numbers on his "other items" page.
Go to other items page & put in RT1 & three come up the same with very slight different wording i saw along the main wording on one. Same price same cylinder. Saw other multiples like kickstart too. Is is just me not understanding--like buy one & they all vanish from his listings.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2021 16:53 by RT325.
30 Aug 2021 16:46 #5

That link posted was a listing for Ebay Italy .
Sometimes sellers list on more than one Ebay site .
Morley , your best solution is to sign up to NZ Post " You Shop " . They then supply you with an account number
and their address for their Portland , Oregon depot . For all intends and purposes , you are then effectively a US customer for Ebay .
Looking on the US Ebay listing # 382448576204 , the shipping to Portland is only USD 18 .
With Youshop , you can then have it sent to you by sea , which is cheaper , but will take 2-3 months to get to you .
Also you pay GST on item , US shipping , and Youshop shipping too .
I'd guess you'll be looking at something a bit over $ 150 - $ 180 NZ dollars all up ( that includes Ebay purchase ) .
If that is all a bit hard . I can buy it , get it shipped out to me ,
and give it to someone like Dennis Charlett to take up North with Suzuki series later in the year .

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Gr8uncleal, HouseofEnduro
Last edit: 30 Aug 2021 17:41 by Swoop56.
30 Aug 2021 17:40 #6

• RT325
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hey Swoop, i appreciate your offer. I'll give it some thought as i'm not short of RT2 reed inlet cylinders but there's just something about the old piston port models. Thanks again & i should stop buggering around with my junk as getting too old for it lol. Do ya recon we'll have a Suzuki Series this year--hope so. I'm out of touch with Craig not racing & Tim Gibbes not doing lap timing so he doesn't need us. Nearest i get is son Joseph films it live on Ctas with grant Collingwood. He's put a lot of stuff up on his site by the looks. Lot of it is tapes from home on VHS he's converted, well, all of them probably. Works for Trackside Horse Racing Channel so has access to all the good gear to convert to digital "if that's what ya do" too much for me lol. Cheers.

www.ctaslive.co.nz/CtasLiveRecordings.aspx

www.youtube.com/channel/UCkjVk__PLPQQwK3eOvr4QQg
Last edit: 31 Aug 2021 02:58 by RT325.
31 Aug 2021 02:55 #7

I'm happy to organise it , if you want to take the punt .
I was forgetting your boy films with Grant . Not sure if he comes down to Ruapuna ,
but Grant is the only one of his team that  I see at the NZGP .
31 Aug 2021 04:39 #8

Replied by apex on topic RT1 cylinder i want--question.

Late to this, sorry. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Independent Cycle and even picked up stuff "will call" so to speak when I lived in Coeur 'd Alene Idaho for a little bit. Good people.
Allrighty Then
31 Aug 2021 20:52 #9

• RT325
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thanks, yes interesting site & good to hear good comments about them.
01 Sep 2021 01:09 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart