facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

LIghting coils 1 and 2 wiring / connection

• BajaBronco
  • BajaBronco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

LIghting coils 1 and 2 wiring / connection was created by BajaBronco

HI all, Now that my stator is off the bike and on my workbench it's time to install the lighting coils. The original owner removed them and snipped all related wiring. Wires are still in the wrapped section coming out of the case, but I need to know/see how to connect the lighting coils. I bought NOS 233 81313 20 and 233 81314 20 and related screws to install them. So far I have connected my Lighting coil 1 to the existing source coil. I have a parts 71 Dt1E that I'm looking at but the wiring colors on the coils are different and on the Coil number 2 theres 2 wires coming out of both ends that it's unclear which one is which.... I'll attach some pics. First Pic is my "example" bike. Second pic is my "lighting coil 2" Third pic is my example bikes lighting coil 2, with different color wires. Lastly is what I"m trying to put together in my bike. I'm confident on the lighting coil 1 to source coil - its just getting strange with different colors on lighting coil 2....any help appreciated.

One think I'm noticing is my pic of the NOS coil with long and short red wires......and my pic of example coil 2 close up - I can see yellow tape connecting a short looking wire and the wire next to it soldered to the bulkhead of lighting coil 1 - maybe thats why theres a short and a long red wire on my NOS coil.......but these are just guesses. Anyone know?
Thanks in Advance!
Andrew
70 RT-1M
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
10 Aug 2020 23:01 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BajaBronco
  • BajaBronco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by BajaBronco on topic LIghting coils 1 and 2 wiring / connection

Okay, so no ideas. Anyone know of someone who can do this in case I can't?
Andrew
70 RT-1M
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
20 Aug 2020 08:32 #2

I restore stators.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
20 Aug 2020 09:35 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart