facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Picture upload issues

• YamahaForumUsername
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by YamahaForumUsername on topic Picture upload issues

For a good image host that doesnt watermark your pictures, and will probably remain a host for another 10 years, use www.imgur.com.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
20 Sep 2022 15:07 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• YamahaForumUsername
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by YamahaForumUsername on topic Picture upload issues

I made a post on how to use imgur if you already have a facebook, or Gmail account. www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forum/g...m-as-the-host#157004
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
05 Dec 2022 21:47 #32

Replied by MarkT on topic Picture upload issues

I wish the picture posting here could be fixed...  Hosting photos someplace else is great in the short term.  What tends to happen is someone renames their photo files, deletes them, or the photo hosting service itself does something.  Then you end up with great posts with missing photos which really sucks.

Photobucket held photos hostage a few years ago and another previously "free" hosting service shut down before that...  these events wreaked havoc on forums, pretty much ruining some very good informational and how-to threads. 
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva, nhsteve, Ht1kid
06 Dec 2022 06:48 #33

Replied by Ht1kid on topic Picture upload issues

MarkT I know Mako is working on it is there anything we can do donate more money. We sure do miss the photos please let me know if we can do anything to help 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva, nhsteve, Andy L
06 Dec 2022 07:06 #34

Replied by GaryInVA on topic Picture upload issues

Gave a little a couple days ago, will give more in a bit. Too much good information here.
07 Dec 2022 11:44 #35

Replied by nhsteve on topic Picture upload issues

I agree also Gary. I had a few photos of my '68 DT1 rebuild that I really wanted to share as I was making progress. Between losing that 'feature' and refinishing the interior of our garage, (which has taken a lot longer than expected), I lost my momentum on the project. Now trying to regain that. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

08 Jan 2023 07:51 #36

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Makotosun on topic Picture upload issues

Greetings fellow enduroholics. I’ve been a bit absent the past month or so - had some medical issues (not serious and now resolved) which has thrown my work and hobby life into a bit of a storm.

It is less an issue of funds at this point, more an issue of working with the web hosting to expand our available space, and consider some alternatives to host the photos.

Using imgur or other site that allows remote embedding works well, with the attendant issues MarkT noted.

We are the victims of success - we originally envisioned a success if we hit 400 members - we are over 14,000. Pretty amazing. I’m looking at several options and hope to have this all addressed in the near term. Your patience is really appreciated.

Please give MarkT a big hand for his volunteer time catching spammers and moderating. We have several moderators, but I believe he is currently the most active and keeps me advised quickly if problems arise.

If you do have an issue and need assistance, feel free to email me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. which is a super reliable way to get me a message.

Thanks for the support of the site!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: mun, MarkT, yamahahaha, Gr8uncleal, AirborneSilva, nhsteve, Ht1kid, Pete-RT1, Andy L, Sneezles61, hackman101, goatboy56, Crazy Horse 124
11 Jan 2023 11:40 #37

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Picture upload issues

Thanks Mako (and to MarkT as well

) and glad that you are on the mend.

I just assumed that you had got lost in your cavernous new workshop and couldn't find the way out! 

The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, AirborneSilva, Ht1kid, Pete-RT1, Sneezles61
Last edit: 11 Jan 2023 11:50 by Gr8uncleal.
11 Jan 2023 11:49 #38

Replied by RT325 on topic Picture upload issues

All the best Mako, we're lost without you. [the driver is missing].
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., Ht1kid
11 Jan 2023 12:05 #39

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Picture upload issues

Thank you for the update and thank you Mark T for all you do! Also glad you're on the mend too!
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, hackman101
11 Jan 2023 13:42 #40

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnie