facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT360A rear rack (sacrilege)

• Schu
  • Schu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

DT360A rear rack (sacrilege) was created by Schu

Purists turn away.
I wanted a rear rack for my recently acquired DT360A. So I went thru my inventory and found one that was mounted on my DT175B that I recently made into an off-road special…..

I lopped off the turn signal mounts and attached a piece of slit rubber hose over the two bars that lay down on to the rear frame loop which happens to leave the rack perfectly level. The space between the mounting arms was almost perfect and only required a couple washers for a proper fit. I used two opposing zip ties to simply ensure that the rack can’t lift upwards for any reason. Cost me nothing and it turned out pretty nice. But then I’m not a perfectionist. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

imgur.com/a/ctTJD3C
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Steve F, Ht1kid, Knutco11, Tom P
19 Mar 2024 15:20 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Knutco11 on topic DT360A rear rack (sacrilege)

Lol, please enjoy! Don't let it sit in the corner and collect dust! This is neither a pure nor perfect world. That's the beauty of it!
19 Mar 2024 18:24 #2

Replied by akara1 on topic DT360A rear rack (sacrilege)

looks like it would work as long as you dont ride bumpy roads wiht something heavier strapped on, then it might come loose.Heres a rack i built for my 360 
photos.app.goo.gl/uTz67y78Jfp34WGt7
with a rotopax mount
photos.app.goo.gl/VbBFLfhB1c2DU8Hk6

19 Mar 2024 22:30 #3

• Schu
  • Schu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Schu on topic DT360A rear rack (sacrilege)

Nice Rack you made there. 
The only thing I ever have on my racks is a small bag with some basic tools and a bottle of water. I will come up with a better secondary bracket, but the current setup is strong enough that I can grab it to drag the rear end around when maneuvering it into tight spaces.
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
20 Mar 2024 03:46 #4

Replied by Tom P on topic DT360A rear rack (sacrilege)

That rack isn't going anywhere, looks level and secure, and with a bag on it no one sees the zip ties anyway. I carry drinks, snacks, my phone, and other small items in mine, but carry a cable lock as well. Probably still suffering trauma from 50 years ago, when I stopped at my High School just to run into the gym and grab something, but didn't lock the bike to the motorcycle hitching rail, as I usually did. Came out minutes later and it was gone. Recently, instead of carrying it inside the bag, I put it under the bag, with the padlock locked to the rack (so it cannot fall off on the road). Now I have more padded room in the bag, and it's expandable, but I never use that.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu, Ht1kid, pahiker
20 Mar 2024 08:59 #5

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic DT360A rear rack (sacrilege)

I can’t wait to get to a point I can use mine like some of you do… Having a rack on the back would helpful…
Sneezles61
20 Mar 2024 20:08 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart