facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Makotosun on topic Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

I don't believe they are stocking these at the moment. They ended up needing to re-fit the backing plates so timing would be correct if I recall.

I have a friend with one on his MX400 and his nephew has one and after quite a bit of trial and error they got them set up and they actually work quite well. You may want to contact marcus here on the board and inquire as to the current status of the project.

yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/my-own-profile/2220-rexs-speedshop
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 750kr1, TreasureState
12 Nov 2017 10:27 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by 750kr1 on topic Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

Cheers,
Ive emailed Marcus and apparently they are working on a full kit at the moment but he hasn't a date for completion, luckily Im in no rush ( at the moment anyway ) so I will keep my fingers crossed.

thanks
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
13 Nov 2017 09:10 #12

Replied by 750kr1 on topic Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

Hi,
I Received my Rex's Speed Shop Ignition system with 12v upgrade a few weeks ago, I followed the simple instructions and fitting went without a hitch, sourced 12v sealed beam, battery etc and yesterday filled up with fuel and crossed my fingers, I have to take into account every kick start bike has a knack to starting, as I know with my 60's Triumph Tiger, anyway after 4 attempts my DT fired up and after I knocked off the choke, bike ticked over at a steady 1200...So Marcus said it would not need any setting up and true to his word.
Started second kick today, so I am over the moon, sounds great, all I need now is a chain and sprocket set and Im ready to go.
So thanks for the forum info on finding Marcus Rex and secondly to Rex's Speed shop for a great product.

Keith
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, RT325, Badger52, MACE6772, TreasureState
07 Jul 2018 11:40 #13

Replied by 1jcnorton on topic Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

What symptoms would this replacement CDI unit help to solve? I have a 1978 DT400 so I would be looking at the DT4 unit to replace my old F8T00. Looks like a simple enough replacement and reasonably inexpensive to replace a 45 year old piece of equipment, I'm just wondering if it will help with my issues. (Bike starts and runs great, but cuts out occasionally as if it's lost spark, seems to get worse on longer rides and feel like I'm limping home. Really is worse at the higher end of rpm's, sweet spot is between 2500-3500 rpm. higher than that it's cutting out.)
11 Apr 2023 11:35 #14

Replied by nhsteve on topic Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

Really curious about this system as I am considering purchase of a '75 DT400 (currently a non-running project).

Looking at the photos I saw online, is the big OEM flywheel done away with?
02 May 2023 07:44 #15

Won’t ever take any Rex’s Speed Slop Bikes at Yama-Land.

First’ he was rude to someone extremely important to my business success, two Rex has horrible customer service, and lastly it’s yama-stock or it goes to someone else’s shop.

asco 
don’t 
play
that
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
03 May 2023 15:17 #16

Replied by shyted on topic Rex's Speed Shop CDI replacement on DT400

All those things will be true. However, the system is on my mates 400 and it's bang on. I have had dealings with RSS and it depends who you talk to. I spoke to a realy informative chap regarding my DT 3 and i called another time and spoke to a guy who was pretty abrupt and couldn't have cared less. Different if your're overseas dealing with a UK company or visa versa. Like its just taken me since the 11th of september last year to the 20th of April this year to get an exhaust silencer for my Tenere from a vendor in Italy. Eventually i gave him an ultimatum regarding his tax affaires and the S.A.R.L (E.U tax people) . No end to the lies and bullshit. Got there in the end even though i now have an exhaust for the wrong model year. Shite bag.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
04 May 2023 03:18 #17

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart