facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

Replied by RT325 on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

Hi MarkT, no i don't have any documentation & only going by memory [69 years worth lol] I think you're more 'onto it' than i am and was going by the memory of mine years ago. Mine was identical to this youtube bike clip above & can see now that it must've been still with the older design motor, but sounded [as this one does] much more perky than say the AT1 piston port model electric. I know it [in video] has reed valve & all that but sounds more light flywheel-ish than the very early electric, [hence smaller internal generator armature] more perky than just what the reed valve would do. In NZ we only got the "69 "70 or "71 AT1 piston port with electric start option [gold tank] then only kick start option till "74 when it looks like we had both options again but don't recall for how long after that. Looks now in hindsight that when the motor design changed in "74 for kick start models that the electric start bikes stayed with the early motor cases. Sorry, i'm stretching this out a bit. I'll go back & read your questions but think you have it sussed. Cheers.
05 Aug 2015 03:03 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

gives a good rev in the vid about 2-17 in.
05 Aug 2015 03:07 #12

• willhirsch
  • willhirsch's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by willhirsch on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

OK guys, I have an update with more questions. I got a hold of a parts motor and of course the generator and the armature are a little different. The armature from the parts motor is the larger size and the generator is therefore larger to accommodate it. also the generator from the parts motor is missing some parts, could i swap the good parts from my old generator and make it work? or could I could i exchange the 8 magnet thinks from the inside of the generator to make the larger armature fit into my older smaller generator? Let me know what you guys think?

Here are my parts, the generator on the right is my original(GS114-02) the armature and generator on the left are the replacement parts because the bike didn't come with an armature or governor (GS114-01).

Can I use anycombination of these 3 parst to get my dt125 running!!??

12 Aug 2015 10:13 #13

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Makotosun on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

My thought would be to use the complete parts setup. For parts interchange, look up any part you are considering on Parzilla, and there should be a listing of all the bikes it was used on for interchangeability.
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: willhirsch
13 Aug 2015 07:08 #14

Replied by Dirt Floor on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

I’m working on one now, I think this is what you’re looking for, and I don’t know of any but they shouldn’t be too hard to come by
Fetskavarna
09 Oct 2019 21:19 #15

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Dirt Floor on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

The points in the pic are not the right ones, someone had the wrong ones in it
Fetskavarna
09 Oct 2019 21:22 #16

• Mandarrin@hotmail.com

Replied by Mandarrin@hotmail.com on topic 1975 DT125 Generater/armature help

Hello, did you ever get this going? I got new brushes on my and have good spakr now and kick starts good, but the electric starts clicks or turns very slow.
27 Sep 2020 04:18 #17

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart