facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

LT2100 woes and troubles

Replied by RT325 on topic LT2100 woes and troubles

Can you spin it up with a good drill to save energy trying to start.
I've done that on my 100cc initialy just to get some response & it worked a treat.
Actualy very much like an LT2 "LS3" road version of LT2.
Just be sure the throttle is closing fully & flywheel nut is tight so crank key won't be damaged.
I have a video somewhere--more for a laugh but shows it works & no effort while you're experimenting to find the problem.
That bike was an absolute rocket but the LS3 has a better ported cylinder where LT2 is for trail riding.
29 Feb 2024 03:00 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic LT2100 woes and troubles

Just looking at this i see i grab the flywheel at the endas it kept sort of seizing--binding up i called it because no damage but ran for only a few seconds & was caused by carbon blowby build up all the way down the skirt--hard to imagine' i know. Freed up in 10 seconds to do the same many times untill i lifted the cylinder & found 'that' Clean up but 'no new rings' had full comp & ran like a champ. Might've been when i got it running on petrol it ran for only a matter of seconds then bound up solid for say 10 seconds then would free to re-start & a totaly silent motor--as no piston clearance at all haha. Anyway--spin with the drill trick--anticlockwise as you look at it.

Last edit: 29 Feb 2024 03:14 by RT325.
29 Feb 2024 03:12 #12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart