facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Anyone tried YSS springs?

• Pete-RT1
  • Pete-RT1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Anyone tried YSS springs? was created by Pete-RT1

Amongst the spares that came with my CT3 was a pair of original rear shocks, lucky me.
The shocks are damping fine and have minimal surface rust, which is currently melting away in some Evaporust.
The chrome on the springs is terrible and re-chroming is not an option because of the cost and the risk of hydrogen embrittlement, so I've been looking into alternatives.
I've checked the spring rate and it seems to be 12.5N/mm.
These YSS progressive springs are dimensionally very close and I can select the 13-18 N/mm spring rate, just wondered if anyone had tried them or other springs.
www.suspension-store.com/46-13-18-200-(02)-Chrome

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-E
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
09 Dec 2023 01:59 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Tinkicker on topic Anyone tried YSS springs?

YSS are making quite a name for themselves. No one heard if them a few years ago, but they have made themselves quite a reputation for good quality, affordable kit.

Cannot help you with your question.

However I can tell you that Brook Suspension in Bradford are YSS dealers. Maybe a phone call to them may get you the info you need.

www.brooksuspension.co.uk
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Schu, Pete-RT1
09 Dec 2023 02:13 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart