facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT 1-360 1970

RT 1-360 1970 was created by Cooky

Hello, I'm starting to rebuild my RT 1-360 and I have fitted the rear brake pedal and linkage but can you adjust the height of the pedal in relation to the footrest, my RD's have a bolt and lock nut to adjust the height but the RT brake pedal just seems to touch the underneath of the footrest.

i would be grateful for any advice
thanks
PaulĀ 
11 Oct 2023 13:36 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Tom P on topic RT 1-360 1970

If it's like my '71 CT-1, no. It just hits a stop.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Pedalcrazy
12 Oct 2023 08:48 #2

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic RT 1-360 1970

I think the foot pedal just stops against the footrest, pretty sure my DT1 does.
But pedals get bent up from accidents so might need straightening out a bit.
Have to be careful when setting angles of the brake arm at the rear in relation to the arm at the front or if things are set too far forward at the front, the arm 'could' run into the motor case before brake is applied .
Might be a dot mark on the spline & a corresponding mark on the pedal spline to use, but i'm sure you could go a bit more safely to get more tension on the return spring which i think sits in behind & not external with the pedal.
[Could be wrong].

www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy...est-rear-brake-pedal
Last edit: 12 Oct 2023 15:12 by RT325.
12 Oct 2023 15:10 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart