facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Finallly got my RT3

• adguy2112
  • adguy2112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Finallly got my RT3 was created by adguy2112

Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on. Last I was on I did my first engine split and full rebuild on a CT3. It's a screamer but I have some low throttle sputtering to figure out. Give it some throttle and it takes off like a banshee.

Recently picked up this RT3. Engine turns and is mostly complete but the wiring harness was removed completely. Since the wiring was already out (and I'm in it for the long haul anyway) I decided to take it down to the frame and commit to building the 360 that I can be proud of. I'll know for sure soon but it doesn't look like anyone has been inside the motor yet and, based on the vin, it's in the last thousand of the production year and appears to have spent it's life in California. Autolube compartment was completely full of water but the PO had it on premix. All in all, it's mostly all there. Quite a bit of surface rust on the frame and everywhere else but the tank is pristine inside. Parts list includes Oil Tank Sight Glass, exhaust badge, front and rear tires, turn signals, mirror(s) tank decals and paint, air filter element, Oil Tank Cap, gearshift rubber, battery and paint from Marbles. I'm 100% certain this list will grow but it's going to be fun.

Wish me luck!  
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu, Ht1kid, Sneezles61, Brzn, Crazy Horse 124
14 Nov 2022 18:01 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Finallly got my RT3

I got a 360 exhaust badge from a place in Australia… I pleased with that…. That seat might need a bit more cushion
Sneezles61
14 Nov 2022 18:39 #2

• adguy2112
  • adguy2112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by adguy2112 on topic Finallly got my RT3

Thanks for the referral on the badge. I saw those as well and hoped they were good quality. The PO gave me a different seat but it was for a early model DT or RT. I went ahead and ordered a full kit from Dave Kolbo. Doing it differently this time and buying as much as I can afford all at once rather than piecemeal. Waiting weeks for parts is frustrating. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61, Brzn
14 Nov 2022 20:52 #3

Replied by Crazy Horse 124 on topic Finallly got my RT3

Looks like a good project.
14 Nov 2022 22:11 #4

Replied by Brzn on topic Finallly got my RT3

Nice! Have fun with the rebuild.
15 Nov 2022 04:47 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart