facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Paint match question = Black used on black front hubs

• johnste1960
  • johnste1960's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I have a 77 dt100 project which has black hubs and brake drums.  Trying to match it is a dull flat/semi gloss black. paint, painting the brake drum and want it to somewhat match the hub.     I used a Dupli-color semi gloss black laquer paint which turned out more black and more glossy than the original paint used.   The original paint seems to be more flat.   Anyone have a recommendation for a paint to try,  Not really looking for perfect match here, just somewhat close.  Seems this black was used on different models as I have an older Kawasaki and the black used on the hubs is very close to the black used on the Yamaha.    here is a pic of what I am tryin got match. 

Last edit: 23 Jun 2022 06:58 by johnste1960.
23 Jun 2022 06:42 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Years of dirt and such is very hard to duplicate… Try cleaning the old stuff and a coat of satin clear and on the newly painted stuff to get a bit closer?
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: johnste1960
23 Jun 2022 08:14 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart