facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Oil pump part number

• cpt7576
  • cpt7576's Avatar Topic Author

Oil pump part number was created by cpt7576

1972 DT2 250 
Oil pump leaking near cable shaft area. 
I found a few pumps on eBay they give a part number SL292....... How can I reference that number or better what is the part number for my bike ? 
anyone have a good pump? 
24 Feb 2021 07:31 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jez on topic Oil pump part number

Hi , I had a similar problem with my oil pump . it leaked more oil than it pumped. it is quite an easy repair job really. firstly remove the pump from the bike insert a 6mm bolt into the main oil line pipe so it wont loose all the oil. remove the nut and washers take pics of positions of these. remove 4 pozi screws and split the pump open . replace the oil seals , measure them with digi calipers and order new seals off internet . reverse this process to rebuild. after refitting main oil feed bleed the pump using the plastic wheel to purge any air from the pump system. good luck.
24 Feb 2021 08:31 #2

Replied by shyted on topic Oil pump part number

Don't forget to bleed your pump up after.
25 Feb 2021 07:33 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart