facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

clutch lever assy

• Terry1A
  • Terry1A's Avatar Topic Author

clutch lever assy was created by Terry1A

Hello one & all, I had a little wreck on my 1978 dt175 enduro a couple of weeks ago. After the accident, I started the bike & tried to ride off when I noticed my clutch lever was broken many miles from my pickup. I didn't have a new lever but I needed to load my bike & head for home. When I got home I ordered a new assy & cable thinking all I had to do was remove two bolts & come apart from the handlebar. Do I really have to take the grip & the headlight switch assy off to install the new clutch lever Thank you Terry Anthony
24 Jan 2021 16:31 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by TerryM on topic clutch lever assy

If it's just the lever that broke, why not just replace the lever? Loosen the clutch cable and remove from handle. Pull the bolt that the lever hinges on and replace the lever. Replace the bolt then reinstall the cable and adjust.

If you broke the mounting bracket, you probably bent your handlebars as well. Everything comes off the bars when you replace them.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
24 Jan 2021 21:31 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart