facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1974 dt250a back from the grave

• Jewelkutter
  • Jewelkutter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Jewelkutter on topic 1974 dt250a back from the grave

Yes ,That's what I was planning on tomorrow, I think I gotta take the pipe off to get at the headbolts on the right , I'm just wondering if putting it back on after will have any effect on the exhaust manifold gasket, as it's already been crushed once appreciate your advice on this .
I'm thinking about my kill switch too as it isn't working , originally it only had one wire , I think.
The new one has 2 wires a striped black an I think sold black . Solve one thing at a time
31 May 2023 22:16 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic 1974 dt250a back from the grave

I suspect the extra wire is for a grounding point, should it not ground through to the handle bars..
Sneezles61
01 Jun 2023 04:28 #12

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Hi and thanks for the response Sneezles61 .The original kill switch had one wire striped black to match with the black striped from the harness and it grounded thru the handlebar the new one has a solid black and a striped black , right now I have the stripe to stripe and the solid black into the black wires connector from the main harness , i didn't get at that today, fixed a few other issues throttle cable routing , re-torqued head, got the high temp rubber in and sealed the exhaust leak. Marvel mystery oil on the ring to help it in.
01 Jun 2023 17:04 #13

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I was going to try just unplugging the solid black wire tape it off and see if the kill switch works. the new aftermarket throttle /kill switch housing to the handlebar does appear to have a ground plate that goes against the handlebar like the original Yamaha housing has it just has 2 wires , you got me thinking Sneezles61
Thank you.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
01 Jun 2023 17:22 #14

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I wish it was that simple
01 Jun 2023 17:23 #15

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart