facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74 Dt125 clutch doesnt work

• CrazyTrain
  • CrazyTrain's Avatar Topic Author

74 Dt125 clutch doesnt work was created by CrazyTrain

Right after sorting out all my issues my clutch stopped working. I checked the plates and they still have some material left on em. I adjusted it per user JRADICOOL's post, but no matter what I do she wont work. I got maybe 2 hours of ride time before she quit.
23 Nov 2022 12:58 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic 74 Dt125 clutch doesnt work

Just to be sure we're on the same page--i guess you mean it doesn't drive?--& sits there going nowhere when in gear. Just want to be sure incase you mean mean it won't free up when you pull the lever back to the bars. Please give us a bit of background leading up to this happening. Thanks.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
23 Nov 2022 13:34 #2

• CrazyTrain

Replied by CrazyTrain on topic 74 Dt125 clutch doesnt work

The clutch wont seperate meaning when I pull the lever the Trans is still connected to motor. sorry for the confusion.
23 Nov 2022 13:40 #3

Just looked back on your old post so think i'm up to speed now but out of ideas if the plates are good & was working ok until it wasn't. Has it ripped the spline center out of the clutch hub--unlikely. Sprocket fell off the shaft after nut fell off. Is it just first gear not driving or 'all' gears. Number 8 is pressed on & if it let go it would only stop second gear but was just a thought.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy.../dt125a/transmission
23 Nov 2022 13:50 #4

Ok thanks i'm old & confused lol but that clears it up. Firstly does it feel like it lifting--lever feels like its doing its job. If that feels normal i wonder if something more serious is going on. When the plates are removed can you spin the hub freely. With the cover off you should be able to see the end plate, pressure plate, move away--which leads me back to 'does the hub' turn freely, like not seized for some reason so its turning to turn the basket as well. I'm outa here for a bit & others will be along for sure.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: YamahaForumUsername
Last edit: 23 Nov 2022 15:04 by RT325.
23 Nov 2022 15:03 #5

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic 74 Dt125 clutch doesnt work

You can try zip tying the clutch handle to your grip over night to see if that will let the clutch discs separate, worked on my DT400 and DT175, cost you nothing to try...
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
23 Nov 2022 16:17 #6

• CrazyTrain

Replied by CrazyTrain on topic 74 Dt125 clutch doesnt work

I've had the clutch seperated multiple times now to replace things so they're not stuck. new plates are $10, so Ill get some new ones and update when I replace them.
23 Nov 2022 17:19 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart