facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Sneezles61 and a bike in a box

Replied by msavitt on topic Sneezles61 and a bike in a box

Hey HNY to you. 
If you think about it, it’s logical to think that the rings would wear many times more than the bore given the dynamics of the situation. So when I got my dt1e I found myself with a stock piston and rings and a bore that visually looked great and had the same dilemma. So when I measured ring gap for old rings they were a bit out of spec… I cannot remember how much but enough to motivate me to buy a new set that measured well within spec when put into cylinder and squared up with piston, confirming my hypothesis. . So in this case I honed cylinder to create a nice break in surface for new rings, cleaned up piston with fine paper - it was in great shape - put it all together and have a great runner with some terrific compression.  I love this motor.  All of this is predicted on a nice bore without any perceivable scratches.  Every .001 in bore or ring wear equates to just over .003 in ring gap - pie - so in my case my seat of the pants hunch worked great. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61, Mike P
29 Dec 2021 16:06 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sneezles61
  • Sneezles61's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Sneezles61 and a bike in a box

The bore looks good on this one, so I'll follow yer lead... I mean, its not that hard to pull the motor anyways... 
Thank you!
Sneezles61
30 Dec 2021 05:39 #12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart