facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT3 Seals and Partzilla

• hcdiiiga
  • hcdiiiga's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

DT3 Seals and Partzilla was created by hcdiiiga

I ordered a set of seals off of Ebay for my 1973 yamaha DT3. These seals don't have those springs, and the crank seal just doesn't look like an OEM. So I go to Partzilla and they say these unavailable when you look at the parts exploded diagram for the bike, but when you just google the part number the various seals will come up on Partszilla as being in stock, and give a delivery date. Before I click off on these Partizilla seals I was wondering if anyone else had that experience. Don't know why they would be unavailable on the exploded parts diagram and availble just searching by part number.
04 Jan 2024 08:57 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by LongStride on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

Curious, I was not able to get the seal # to work on partzilla , doesn't show to supercede , saw these seals advertised for sale on legends site 
www.legends-yamaha-enduros.com/forum/wan...amaha-dt-rt-enduro-s
2ET703 Central Texas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Steve F
04 Jan 2024 09:21 #2

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

Try on CMSNL.
04 Jan 2024 09:28 #3

• hcdiiiga
  • hcdiiiga's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by hcdiiiga on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

Thanks, available at CMSNL and the legends link.

So after I posted this, I was on the Advrider website and a Partizilla ad pops up for the seal and says 10 of them in stock.  I hate the way the follow you around.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2024 13:50 by hcdiiiga.
04 Jan 2024 12:30 #4

Replied by mike8162 on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

The originals will have a green face. They do come up on ebay occasionally. There is a left and right set on there now but they are expensive ($80). I put a set of aftermarket seals in my DT3 and they failed after a short period of time. I would take the part numbers and knock the two zeros and the dash off the end and watch ebay. They do come up for a reasonable price occasionally.

Cheers
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr
04 Jan 2024 17:11 #5

Replied by Brzn on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

Two eBay aftermarket left side crank seals for my DT2 have failed on me in the past two years, Got lucky and found the correct part number Yamaha seal on eBay a month or so ago and grabbed it. Expensive at $80, but if it holds I don't need to bother with it again.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
Last edit: 06 Jan 2024 04:06 by Brzn.
06 Jan 2024 04:06 #6

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

I’d say ouch for the cost, but then having to repair twice is causes more frustration.
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
06 Jan 2024 05:10 #7

Replied by msavitt on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

Partzilla is pretty responsive if you email them.  I needed a 13T sprocket for my LS2 and when I ordered it said in stock, then order said available date unknown.  So I emailed and they confirmed 2/5 date. 

also some niche very honest sellers who I found oem seals from.  One in my area who’s good is vintagedirtandtrail.com/about-us/   Yea I am plugging Joe, because he’s a great guy who I got to know who is very honest and responsive 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Steve F, Snglsmkr, Ht1kid, Sneezles61, pahiker
06 Jan 2024 07:53 #8

Replied by mx360guy on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

I am about to change the seal behind the drive sprocket and the shift shaft seal on my DT3.Waiting for the kit from eBay to come..

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

after reading this.. This probably a dumb question but I just don't know..Do I need to drain the oil 1st before I do this? Hoping there would be a just a weep but the more I think about it what would stop the oil from just pouring out? Finally got it running and little drips everywhere.
Thanks..
07 Jan 2024 16:12 #9

Replied by 1971DT250 on topic DT3 Seals and Partzilla

Yes unless you lean it over towards it's right side. You don't need to remove the shafts. Check the spacer on the drive shaft. It may have a groove worn in it from dirt between it and the seal.
Also the shifter shaft may be worn in the seal area.
The hours spent riding my Enduros is not deducted from my life span.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 16:48 by 1971DT250.
07 Jan 2024 16:46 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart