facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

• Chilly56
  • Chilly56's Avatar Topic Author

73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question was created by Chilly56

I have a 1973 RT3 360. Question; is it possible to find a high low beam switch for the Yamaha enduros left housing? I don't want the whole switch housing just the switch itself. Mine is roached. Thanks.
28 Dec 2023 15:59 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by rsmith56 on topic 73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

I found a good used one (entire housing with turn and hi/lo. It was pricey, but worked. I have the old one. It had the button for hi/lo broke off. It worked, but you had to use a pocket knife or such. Not sure it would do you any good.
28 Dec 2023 16:06 #2

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

I have a contact here in the UK who 3D prints replacement switches, although you still need to have the copper plates, spring and ball to fit into it. I wonder if someone over there in the US does something similar?

Kawasaki used the same basic switch on some of their models, but with the advantage that they sold the individual parts separately. I'll have a look to see if I can find the part number.

Your best bet might yet be to find a complete switch, but with different jiggered/missing parts, and cannibalise this. Search under YHA205, as many Yamahas used this switch on different models (eg DS7, R5). 

Edit - this one's cheap enough not to sting.

AT1 125 LEFT HANDLE HANDLEBAR CONTROL SWITCH YHA205 FOR PARTS OR REPAIR #4 | eBay
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
Last edit: 29 Dec 2023 01:18 by Gr8uncleal.
29 Dec 2023 01:12 #3

Here's what I believe to be the relevant parts list for the Kawasaki (hopefully link will attach ok) and both the upper and lower parts of the switch are available on ebay.com, although the combined price is likely more than the complete switch I posted a link to.

Edit - looks like link only goes to front page of the CMSNL site. If it does, follow your nose to the 1970 F5. There are pictures of the parts there, so you can compare with your existing (broken) one. 

Kawasaki F5 BIG HORN 1970 USA HANDLEBAR - buy original HANDLEBAR spares online (cmsnl.com)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
Last edit: 29 Dec 2023 02:00 by Gr8uncleal.
29 Dec 2023 01:57 #4

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic 73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

Nospartsnow.com … I was just at their site a couple days ago and they had some. I didn’t look deep to see which model it was for.
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, cranky_dave
29 Dec 2023 05:27 #5

Replied by Enduro nut on topic 73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

I believe you are looking for part # 444-w0087-10. I had a few that were broke or just missing and it took me some time to track that number down. Guess its a good thing i saved it lol i wish i knew the number for the piece it fastens to that goes inside of the housing, i could use a few of those.
01 Jan 2024 11:30 #6

That inner part is shown on the Kawasaki part listing that I posted a link for. Item number 24 and the Kawa part number is 46089-003 - there is a photo of it on the CMSNL site, just to confirm id.

I've just received 2x repros from my UK contact, 3D printed, for £20 posted.  
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduro nut, cranky_dave
01 Jan 2024 12:41 #7

Replied by Enduro nut on topic 73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

Excellent! i should have looked at that link thats my fault but hey now i have that part number saved under my "odd ball" personal parts list and i shall be ordering a few of those little guys up!
01 Jan 2024 16:39 #8

Replied by cranky_dave on topic 73 RT3 High Low Beam Switch Question

Thanks guys, that's exactly the information I was looking for!
29 Jan 2024 15:05 #9

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart