facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT3 clutch side crank holes?!

• Bdee
  • Bdee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

CT3 clutch side crank holes?! was created by Bdee

I was cleaning the inside of the crank and noticed three malformed holes?  Are they supposed to be there?

photos.app.goo.gl/tVr8mHKLMy56cSG8A

photos.app.goo.gl/c7ZCPNmucvMzte726

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention that the hole in the first photo had a very thin piece of metal that looked like extra from the casting.  I touched in gently with a q-tip and it fell inside and down that fuggin' hole. Is a case splitting recommended?
Last edit: 27 Nov 2022 14:42 by Bdee. Reason: extra info
27 Nov 2022 14:37 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic CT3 clutch side crank holes?!

Just my opinion but 'i think' something that small would chew up ok. Not sure if the holes are for any serious reason & probably to let oil transfer from clutch side to trans side although i think there's lower holes for that purpose. Or something to do with the casting process. Just guessing.
27 Nov 2022 18:30 #2

• Bdee
  • Bdee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Bdee on topic CT3 clutch side crank holes?!

Thanks. The holes are so ragged and haphazard looking I thought they might have been the result of a previous owner getting jiggy with a tack hammer.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
27 Nov 2022 18:37 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart