facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

HVC Cycle 12 Volt Electronic Ignition System

• RT3Sam
  • RT3Sam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I've been considering updating my RT3 to the HVC Cycle 12Volt Electronic Ignition system ( I thinks its a Vape brand) I'm looking at the system with battery eliminator. Has anyone installed one of these and what's your experience with it?
18 Jan 2022 06:48 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• none_of_my_bikes_run
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by none_of_my_bikes_run on topic HVC Cycle 12 Volt Electronic Ignition System

www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...sion?start=20#124926

Still in the middle of this slow rebuild so I can't attest to its performance yet. However, I installed the unit and test started the bike. Can confirm that the bike starts up much easier and also I hooked up 1 light to it (to confirm if it received power). The light illuminated while the bike was running. So, as I understand it the battery eliminator is not needed.

I ordered directly from vape and it was like $340 total (shipped to PA). I love HVC but they are pricey.
18 Jan 2022 08:45 #2

• RT3Sam
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Yeah!! $340 is a much better price!!! Thanks for the details! I'm going to look at Vapes website.
18 Jan 2022 10:31 #3

I would be interested in what you find out. Keep us posted on your findings. I have twin DT3's I will be outfitting at some point. Cheers.
Twin 73' DT3 250's, 73' MX 360, 83' TT600 , 73' MX 100
18 Jan 2022 23:23 #4

• RT3Sam
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I sent an e-mail to Vape, still waiting to hear back. The part number they list for DT's matches the part number HVC Cycle list for RT's and DT's.
19 Jan 2022 05:02 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart