facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1976 DT125C Engine removal issue

• GNR782
  • GNR782's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by GNR782 on topic 1976 DT125C Engine removal issue

Latest update:  I have tried oiling the shift shaft, putting the shift lever on and trying to move it and tapping on the case to coerce separation.  No progress.  I'm also running a razor along the case.  the clutch cover had a pretty sticky gasket.  It's difficult getting around the bottom.  I have removed engine mounting bolts except for the rear one that cannot come out because it is behind the cover we are trying to get off.  This does allow me to angle the engine up to access the bottom of the case.  Hopefully I can get to that today after I "lay her down" to get a gravity assist for the oil to get around the shaft better.  What are thoughts on adding heat into the mix?
29 Apr 2024 07:12 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic 1976 DT125C Engine removal issue

Just thinking what i'd do in desperation & without looking under mine i'd suggest running an angle grinder with a thin cutoff wheel & carve a slot or two slots & break the piece out in between slots.
I say that because it isn't a super important piece & even with a bit missing it'll still give support of sorts.
Then that might relieve it somewhat & get some oil right at it.
Wish i could find my pics of the same problem on one of my similar bikes with that problem.
29 Apr 2024 22:20 #12

• GNR782
  • GNR782's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by GNR782 on topic 1976 DT125C Engine removal issue

We have SUCCESS! The culprit was in-fact the shift shaft and corrosion around it that held up the show. Much penetrating oil, loads of love taps and a few choice words finally got the cover off which allowed me to remove the engine. Now to get in there and see whats keeping other stuff from moving. Stay tuned. I'll be back with another topic, I'm sure.

Thanks for the assistance and working knowledge.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Gr8uncleal, Schu, Ht1kid, Sneezles61, pahiker
30 Apr 2024 06:32 #13

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 1976 DT125C Engine removal issue

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

30 Apr 2024 07:31 #14

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart