facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

MX100 IGNITION

• Mkdxxx
  • Mkdxxx's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Mkdxxx on topic MX100 IGNITION

Here's a pic of the mag base with new parts on it.  How should it be wired???  Looks like white wire off of source coil and 2 black wires from condenser.  What goes where?  I've looked at diagrams but don't find one detailed on how the stuff in the mag are hooked together. 
17 Jan 2022 00:09 #21

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic MX100 IGNITION

Bottom line is-- source--condenser--& points have to meet up somewhere--anywhere convenient--then head of up to the plug secondary coil by a single wire, Source coil should be earthed & probably is via a tab fixed as part of the coil pole [or whatever you call it] with the earth wire soldered to it. Normally they are all soldered onto the condenser but not sure with your back to front mounted condenser which i'm guessing isn't the soldering up type.
17 Jan 2022 00:31 #22

Replied by MarkT on topic MX100 IGNITION

Here's a basic schematic that's in many of the manuals.  Everything connects together as RT325 said, usually at condenser.  Other link I posted a while back with the condenser relocation instructions showed that I thought.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Mkdxxx
17 Jan 2022 01:53 #23

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by rsteve56 on topic MX100 IGNITION

I will mention you have the condenser mounted backward. WRONG HOLE!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Mkdxxx
17 Jan 2022 12:21 #24

Ha, i had to study the pic but is so obvious. Swing it around to the other threaded hole & needs a lubricating pad in the slot piece too.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
17 Jan 2022 14:27 #25

• Mkdxxx

Thank you all.  Yeah the condenser was in the wrong position.  The condenser i bought has 2 black wires coming out of one end.  one short and one long.  Where do these go?  Will get a pic shortly.
The diagram shared makes sense but the 2 wire condenser if confusing me.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2022 21:52 by Mkdxxx.
18 Jan 2022 21:13 #26

This message has attachments images.

I've not seen a condenser like that. But in the end they all have to go together. So whatever is easiest i guess. Saving the pic & expanding it right up it looks like the short black you have going to the red & also with the source coil connected there too "under the white covering". So Red is what you'll now be running to the main plug coil. Looking again & expanding the other pic up, is the green going to the points. If so, just join them together up there away from the mag--red & green together & send it to the plug coil. You could now extend the leftover long black from condenser & give it a kill switch if you wanted. That's my thoughts on what i can see. You've done a good job so hope it works.
19 Jan 2022 01:02 #27

• Mkdxxx

one black from condenser attached to grungy white wire from source coil and into the red.  blue is attached to points but not anywhere else.
19 Jan 2022 13:51 #28

Looks like i'm mistaking blue as green. So just join your blue to the red as we see it in the top of the pic & head to the coil up top. That way they're all linked up & be a shame to undo your good work at the bottom to link them, hence link them up top. Can hear it running already.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2022 14:02 by RT325.
19 Jan 2022 14:01 #29

• Mkdxxx

i made a few changes but don't know if correct.  Here is the latest iteration.
I added another coil marked L for lighting.  Its grounded and 2nd red wire will go out to run lights.  This was the original source coil...no idea if this will work for a lighting coil.

as for the source coil.  Currently, i have source coil wire soldered to one of the black wires coming from condenser. Then hooked to another red wire to go out.
AS of right now I have the 2nd condenser wire going to the points.  Again not sure if thats correct.  I've watched a bunch of videos on utube and still don't have the answers and I'm hoping you guys take pity on me and hold my hand on this ignition wiring.
If this is correct what wire goes to a kill switch?

19 Jan 2022 22:00 #30

This message has attachments images.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart