facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1972 JT2MX for sale

1972 JT2MX for sale 14 May 2019 18:50 #1

• crow
  • crow's Avatar Topic Author
Hello all- I'm new to this forum ,but am on many other bike forums. I restored the MX for my grandson ,but he's into hockey The steering head/engine # are available upon request. I have a lot of literature/shop manuals,etc as well as spare parts for this bike. Fully photo documented resto with receipts and pics of parts assy. I stripped the frame ,primed and paintedblack. tank is yellow,fenders yellow/black stripe. Tank is missing Yamaha badges. I did do a rattle can paint on the ex. tank ,expecting abuse from the grandkids. I didn't want to do a lovely Marbles Motors paint job . Randy has done some beautiful work for me on three vintage bikes in the past. ( Marblesmotors .com) I did the following: rebuilt front forks,steering head brgs,wheel brgs,brake shoes (FR/rear),engine rebored with new piston ,rings crank brgs,painted,carb redone. I did not get into tranny,but it goes thru the gears and clutch is free. new chain,primary and rear sprocket,original seat(recovered) and proper original expansion chamber. proper front /rear fenders . NOTE; This bike has not been fired up since the engine was rebuilt. I fogged it and filled the gas tank with oil and it's been in a heated man cave ,suspended from the ceiling for six years..new tires/tubes with the nubs still on .I spoke with the mx guru in Minnesota,I believe it was, right after I got it and he verified that it was an MX. All resto info is in a bound folder. I have spare front forks (rusty,but functional) mx gas tank,trans gears,shift forks,wheels,hubs ,mx carb and assorted bits. All goes as a pkg. If you need more info or pics,I can pester my wife to send them..Please, no photo collectors,she'll get pi--ed. Also email me - jcoryea@hotmail.com or call my cell 518-651-9523.. No texts or scammers please. Pick up only in northern NY. Randy says it's worth @2k give or take.
Keep these old bikes alive! Bikes I've owned and or restored: in chronological order starting in 1970
Honda Sl350 (heavy, strong slogger) Yamaha 360 enduro-knee replacement zone ( which is still in my town at John Harvey Yamaha- oldest continuously run Yam dealership in US and he won't sell it back..couldn't kick it anyway) Yamaha Dt175 (ok for what it was) Suzuki PE250 (awesome for it's time, better than an IT ,but the IT had more grunt) Honda 650 Nighthawk (terrible bike) Harley1200 sportster (reliable ,no leak evo motor) 1971,1972,1973 Honda SL125's Great trail bikes) Honda CB400f (real ripper) Pe175 (sweet bike,a little peaky) Honda CX500 café I built, fun bike, lots of looks .. BMW
r1100s,sold last year, lovely) and lastly 2018 Yamaha XSR700 in Garage Silver. Everything the Bimmer is, sorry Bimmer riders but it's true. I also raced a MGA coupe on the vintage circuit for 11 years. I had great fun restoring Brit cars and met a lot of great people. The message here is live your life,when you're dead,you're dead for a long time. Thanks for listening!
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart