facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1978 dt400 for sale 980 actual miles

1978 dt400 for sale 980 actual miles 05 Dec 2018 07:46 #1

• statiktouch
  • statiktouch's Avatar Topic Author
1978 dt400 runs great, looks great clear title .
This bike sat for years due to a clogged oil tank vent line, damaged the piston and rings. I honed the cylinder .005 inches for the largest original bore size piston I could find, has a clean bore and a tight .002 piston clearance. I have been happily ripping around the neighborhood up here [and ticking off some neighbors] since I fixed the top end. Based on info I found here started jetting at #220 before I even started it with the new piston and rings in. Now down to #195 and still at the edge of too rich. Was planning on getting a K&N filter to let it breath a bit better, original foam still in there.
Although I cleared the oil tank vent, I dont think the pump is delivering a sufficient quantity of oil so I continue pre mixing at 24ish to 1 and have been watching ebay for a known good pump. .

tank has a couple small dents on the right side ,rear turns signals are left over old honda. New ish tire on the rear, new front tire on the shelf. You would find it nearly impossible to find any 40 year old bike with mileage this low . Ride it home , comes with an extra spark plg . I have the left side cover , but the fat battery wouldnt allow it to snap on.

2500. Near seattle ,in the foothills of the cascades. YES, I could package to ship and deliver to fwd air if thats still the best way to ship. pic 1 now, pic 2 when I got it
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by statiktouch. Reason: left side cove

1978 dt400 for sale 980 actual miles 05 Dec 2018 19:11 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Man you guys get all the good deals but good on you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart