facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim

13 Oct 2020 06:27
ukdt125
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #1
Hi all, I'm from the UK and I'm looking for a decent-ish AT2 headlight rim. Happy to pay for shipping from anywhere really as long as it's not crazy money. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2020 07:08
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #2
Which headlight do you have - US spec with sealed beam and the beam adjuster with many parts or UK/European type?

With a little time and research, you might be able to find a UK light and rim that fit your shell - this will give correct beam alignment and the ability to replace blown bulbs.

13 Oct 2020 07:18
DaveHunter
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #3
UKdt-125 I have one that was just removed from a 1973 AT, it is not perfect but price will be !!! Your talking about the chrome rim that holds the headlight right ? I’ll get pictures if you want shipping as you said might be high it’s from USA.
Copper washers - someone was talking about these on another forum so I have an assortment coming slow boat from China could throw one in if correct size you need is in there free shipping from China

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 Oct 2020 08:42
ukdt125
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #4

DaveHunter wrote: Copper washers - someone was talking about these on another forum so I have an assortment coming slow boat from China could throw one in if correct size you need is in there free shipping from China

Hey Dave, thanks for the info on the washers, I've ordered some over here, I'll see how I get on.

DaveHunter wrote: UKdt-125 I have one that was just removed from a 1973 AT, it is not perfect but price will be !!! Your talking about the chrome rim that holds the headlight right ? I’ll get pictures if you want shipping as you said might be high it’s from USA.

Yep the chrome rim, I have a US import bike that didn't have headlight with it, but managed to source the bowl over here (well, France actually) so hopefully that will be compatible? Attached a pic for reference (those bolts are just temporary). Not perfect is all cool, let me know how much to get it over here. Cheers!

This message has an attachment image.

14 Oct 2020 08:53
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #5

ukdt125 wrote:

DaveHunter wrote: Copper washers - someone was talking about these on another forum so I have an assortment coming slow boat from China could throw one in if correct size you need is in there free shipping from China

Hey Dave, thanks for the info on the washers, I've ordered some over here, I'll see how I get on.

DaveHunter wrote: UKdt-125 I have one that was just removed from a 1973 AT, it is not perfect but price will be !!! Your talking about the chrome rim that holds the headlight right ? I’ll get pictures if you want shipping as you said might be high it’s from USA.

Yep the chrome rim, I have a US import bike that didn't have headlight with it, but managed to source the bowl over here (well, France actually) so hopefully that will be compatible? Attached a pic for reference (those bolts are just temporary). Not perfect is all cool, let me know how much to get it over here. Cheers!

Looks like an antipodean photo! :ROFLOL

Just take care that the rim matches the lens matches the bowl - loads of variations depending on market.

15 Oct 2020 04:41
DaveHunter
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #6
One error I made this is a CT not AT, 1973CT3, as pictures show there is rust between adjustment hole and drain hole in bottom. Rest of chrome good shape and no dents. If it looks like something you could use I’ll take it apart and measure exact width of ring

This message has attachments images.

15 Oct 2020 06:52
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #7
In the US, all AT's were 12v starter/dynamo.... they have a smaller diameter headlight housing, bulb, and rim. YHA 111 is stamped in housing I think

In other countries, the AT was available with the 6v magneto... kick start only. That model should take the larger 6v headlight from the CT... YHA 107 housing I think.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post DaveHunter

15 Oct 2020 16:22
DaveHunter
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #8
I did not know the CT was larger than the AT housing but got into a tub that had AT parts and sure enough they are about a half inch difference in OD. I’ve got one of them too pictures below / it has some micro dents and light light scratches but there are so fine they could possibly buff out.

This message has attachments images.

20 Oct 2020 02:41 20 Oct 2020 10:18 by ukdt125.
ukdt125
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #9
Hi Dave, sorry for the late reply, just measured the bowl I have and this most recent one will be correct. Since you mention the AT parts tub, if you also have an airbox to carb rubber, ignition switch or a tank strap that you'd like to sell I'd happily take them too!

Thanks,

Lewis

DaveHunter wrote: I did not know the CT was larger than the AT housing but got into a tub that had AT parts and sure enough they are about a half inch difference in OD. I’ve got one of them too pictures below / it has some micro dents and light light scratches but there are so fine they could possibly buff out.

21 Oct 2020 03:53
DaveHunter
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
WANTED: AT2 Headlight Rim #10
OK smaller headlight rim then. It has no bolts, spring, adjuster on it do you have those parts ? No rubber boot or strap, I have ignition switch but it’s mounted with nice gauges so I want to hang onto that. Send me your address via the personal message feature on this site and I’ll get a shipping price for you before mailing

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart